"Can we see her?"

"She's sleeping."

Taemin's sudden coldness surprised Eunji. She had never seen him act cold or looked so hollow. He looked like a different person from the boy she took pictures of and played snowball fights with.

Key stepped forward, "Kwenchana?"

"What did the doctor say?" Eunji pressed.

"Amnesia," he whispered.

"That accident Naeun had," he continued, louder this time, "did she not say anything about amnesia to you?" Eunji's shocked face answered his question. Either she kept it to herself, or she didn't know about it either.

"But she didn't forget anything," Eunji frowned, "I was there when she woke up from the accident. Her family was too. The doctor didn't say anything about amnesia, only a concussion, and a few fractured bones."

Taemin briefly told them about Naeun's secret relationship with L - how they kept it a secret from everyone, how his jealousy broke them apart, and how the car accident made her forget everything about him.

"L's violent behavior must've propelled Naeun's mind and body to remember her lost memories," Key commented. Taemin stood up, his eyes darkening, "I'm gonna kill him." He didn't travel far when Key stopped him.

"Yah, don't act rash."

Act rash?

"He scarred her!" Taemin snapped at him.

"So, you think beating the shit out of him is gonna make the situation better?" Taemin had never heard Key raise his voice, so it came as a shock when he did, "What good would that do to you huh?! To Naeun?! You'd be no better than L!"

Once Key had calmed himself down, he continued, "Right now, Naeun is the one who needs you."

"She won't even look at me," Taemin retorted.

"Give her time," Key replied, and released Taemin's arm as Taemin reluctantly slumped back onto the chair.

~~~

"How could you have kept it from me?" Mommy Son frowned at her daughter. In all her life, Naeun was perceived as an honest and intelligent girl. Who would've thought that the two would work together against her mother, manipulating both truths and lies so as not to arouse suspicions?

"It was stupid of me; I know that now," Naeun replied to her mother. She didn't dare to look at her disappointing expression. Mommy Son was restraining herself from shouting at her daughter and wanting to sue the man behind her trauma, but she had to keep herself composed, at least until Naeun felt better; the sudden memory still shook her.

The doctor informed Mommy Son that Naeun would be discharged from the hospital tomorrow morning. She had convinced everyone, especially Taemin, to return home and rest while she stayed with Naeun. They still had many things to discuss. Saeeun stayed with Daniel's family that night.

"That boy is not going to get away with this; I hope you know that," Mommy Son told Naeun. She was glad, of course. Although the incident happened two years ago, it felt like it had just happened yesterday. 

"You know, you gave the poor boy a scare."

Naeun snapped her head back up, "Taemin Oppa?" Her mother smiled at the sound of Oppa.

"He helped me watch over you while we were still busy with the restaurant. Not once did he leave your side. I had to stop by to make sure he's had proper meals while watching over you."