Chapter 5

As soon as Shivaay said those three words, a smile made way to Annika's face. Finally.

Looking at him with a smile bright enough to light up the universe, she took him into a hug, which he reciprocated happily.

They got out of their little moment only when the applause from the crowd hit their ears.

Breaking the hug, they looked at everyone happily, as their brothers and sisters approached them for the congratulations.

"Congratulations, Shivaay," Om hugged him, "I was sure you will do it." He said, and Shivaay smiled. While the rest of them talked to Annika, Shivaay thanked Om for giving him the confidence, although, he got more of the confidence in the heat of the moment while he stood in the mesmerising beauty that is Annika. 

After a little while of talking, Shivaay and Annika, in a mutual decision, moved forward to take blessings from their parents, with only one hope in their hearts that everything would go good.

Giving each other one last look, they moved forward to go to Shakti and Pinky first, who had a serious look in their eyes but smiles on their faces.

As they stood in front of them, Shivaay started speaking first.

"Mom, I..." He addressed Pinky, but she cut him short.

"Kuch mat bolo, Shivaay," she said seriously, "mujhe tumse yeh ummeed nahi thi." She said, and Annika closed her eyes.

Disaster.

"Aur Annika, tum?" Pinky directed towards her, "tum toh mujhse har baat share karti thi na, bachpan se hi? Toh tumne mujhse itni badi baat chhupai?" She said, and Annika did not face her. Why was this happening?

As if this wasn't enough, Harsh and Avantika decided to join in the drama.

"Maine toh kabhi sapne me bhi nahi socha tha," Harsh said, looking at Annika, "ki meri beti mujhse baatein bhi chhupayegi. Kabhi nahi socha tha maine ki mujhe aisa din bhi dekhna padega."

Shivaay and Annika are obviously speechless. Shivaay realised, that even after everything else, it was a bad idea to go official.

And Annika now knew, that she was thinking too far by being worried about societal pressure, when she should have known that this would be the first issue.

They weren't facing any of the four people, who were probably looking at them with accusing eyes. Annika was second guessing all her decisions right now. What was the harm in telling them, after all?

Shivaay closed his eyes. Never in his life has he felt so helpless and his mouth so out of words, to get him out of a situation that is no less than a nightmare.

He only raised his head and opened his eyes when he felt Avantika's soft touch over his growing beard. He almost knew what the next conversation was going to be.

He didn't know if this was the right way to put it, but he had been closer to Annika's parents than his own since childhood. Both of them loved him equally, but he had a very strong connection with Harsh and Avantika too, which had escalated his friendship and later, relationship with Annika.

"Look at me, Shivaay," she told him, and slowly, he raised her head to look at her.

Raising her eyebrows in question, she gave him a soft look. Shivaay sighed.

Looking down again, he started speaking, "aunty... humein laga tha ki..."

"Shivaay....iss baar mai tumhari side nahi le paungi," she said softly yet seriously, "mai yahan inn sabse agree karti hoon. Tum dono ko humein bata dena chaiye tha."

Annika flickered her eyes open before closing them again, and a stray tear dropped from them. At this point, she was contemplating what the future would be like for them.

Probably seeing her, Harsh walked and stood in front of her, raising her head to look at him.

"Meri taraf dekho, Annika." He said seriously, "kyu nahi bataya tumne? Atleast mujhe toh bataya hota?" He said, and wiping the tears off her eyes, continued, "agar tum dono ne hume bata diya hota, toh shayad yeh sab na hota..." He said, and walking to Shivaay, Pinky looked at him before starting to speak.

"Aur nahi toh kya. Hum sab milkar kitni acchi taiyaariyan kar sakte the. Aise chhoti si party me koi itni badi cheez karta hai kya?" She said, and all four of them smiled, looking at the shocked faces of Shivaay and Annika.

"Bilkul!" Harsh continued, "kitna special occasion hai. Agar tum dono humein pehle hi bata dete," he said, hitting both of them lightly on the head, "toh bahut khaas preparations ho sakti thi."

Looking at the two of them standing with their mouths opened widely, all the seniors laughed.

"Aise kya dekh rahe ho tum dono? Itni special occasion ko acche se celebrate nahi karna chaiye tha?" Shakti asked with a giggle.

"Matlab...aap sab... aap sab upset nahi hain?" Shivaay asked, in obvious surprise, and everyone laughed.

Harsh walked to him.

"Ofcourse hum upset nahi hain." He said, "bas, I don't like the way you're," he cleared his throat, giving a side look to Annika, "stealing my girl without my consent."

Annika let out a chuckle despite herself, listening to him. Wow.

Shivaay smiled sheepishly. Damn.
He didn't know this could turn out like this.

After a while of banter, Annika raised the obvious question.

"Aap log sach me upset nahi hain?" She asked, and moving his attention from Shivaay, Harsh walked to her.

"Nahi, my princess,"  he said, "hum bilkul upset nahi hain. Ab humein itne time se pata hi tha, toh all of us were waiting for this day to come," he said with a wide smile, making Shivika look at each other.

"Aap...aap sabko pata tha?" Annika asked in shock, making them laugh.

"Pooch toh aise rahi ho, as if it wasn't obvious," Pinky said with a small giggle, making her blush.

Shivaay smiled sheepishly. What a day.

"And by the way, before you ask, hum sab bahut khush hain. You both chose the best for yourselves," Shakti added, and Shivika had to agree, as they looked at each other with a smile.

At the end, everything happened without any problems.

Sometime later

Annika is standing in front of the mirror in her room, admiring her ring with a wide smile, when Shivaay came and back hugged her.

"Ring kaisi hai, would-be Mrs. Oberoi?"

He asked with a grin, and Annika looked down with a smile. Shivaay knew she would be blushing.

Coming out of the hug, he turned her around.

"Zyada blush mat karo," he said, and raised her chin with his finger.

"Bahut khoobsurat ring hai, Shivaay," she said softly, "beautiful."

"Not more than you," he said, making her smile again.

Smiling at him, she took him into a hug, resting her head on his chest.

"Thank you so much, Shivaay," she said, "aap bahut acche hain."

"Tumse zyada accha nahi hoon," he said, and she raised her head, making him smile, "but you're welcome."

Hitting him on his shoulder, she rested her head again. It was such a perfect feeling.

______________________________________

Okay so I know this chapter wasn't that good 😂✌️ please bear with it, I love you all ❤️