twelve: faithless

can we stop with the "why are we being mean to jj, it's not her fault, spencer is the one who wanted to split up" comments? Y/n DOESN'T KNOW that. she does not have all the facts, so she immediately blames the one person that was with him when he got kidnapped.

You stand inside Tobias' shitty house, staring out the window

You stand inside Tobias' shitty house, staring out the window. JJ is outside getting checked out by a medic, Prentiss and Morgan standing in the rain beside her. Your arms are crossed in front of you, nails digging into the skin. You feel restless. Useless. Spencer got fucking kidnapped and no one has done anything yet.

"Y/l/n."

You turn around to see Hotch looking at you, eyebrows raised. "Yes, sir?"

"Come on, we're all meeting in the computer room."

You and Hotch meet the rest of the team in Tobias' creepy computer room. JJ, Prentiss, and Morgan are soaked, standing with their arms crossed. You don't make eye contact with JJ. You're scared if you do, you'll fucking deck her.

"Apparently, someone matching Tobias' description stopped and asked for direction for a motel in Fort Worth," Prentiss explains.

"No, that's too easy," you say. "There's no way he'd give a piece of information up about where he's going."

"He has Reid, he wants to keep it that way," Morgan agrees.

Hotch is quiet for a moment. "Right now, we need to get some sleep. Tensions are too high-strung." He pulls out his phone. "And I need to get Garcia out here."

You clench your jaw, fists balled at your sides. Is he serious? He wants us to fucking sleep on it? You don't even realize you haven't moved until Prentiss touches your arm. You look up at her, blinking hard.

"Are you okay?" She asks, eyes concerned.

"No, I'm not fucking okay." Your tone is harsh. You aren't angry at her, and she understands.

She nods, inhaling. "Come on, we're going to a hotel closer to here for the night. Someone's bringing our go bags from the other one."

You let her guide you to the SUV, driving to a shitty motel about twenty minutes away from Tobias' house. You grab your key from Hotch, not speaking, before slamming it into the lock and turning. Opening it, you already find JJ sitting on one of the beds.

"They had us double up for the night," she explains, twiddling her fingers together.

"Okay."

You don't say anything else, dropping onto the bed. You lay on your side, facing away from her, your mind racing.

Spencer is in danger. Spencer is in danger. Spencer is—

"I'm...I'm going to shower." JJ's voice brings you out of your thoughts. "Do you need to use the bathroom for anything."