Are You Doing ok?

(a/n: real quick, in my mind, Adam has a medical degree and was going to be a nurse. also Barbra was going to be a teacher. just so the story makes a little more sense) 

Every Wednesday, BeetleJuice would leave for work. He would come home around 4:30-ish, get a beer, and go up to his room to relax. Beetle would always look so proper and clean when he left for work, and looked the same when he got back. But not this time.

BeetleJuice had been acting weird for a few days now; he wasn't his usual bold self. Barbra was the first to notice his gloom, and asked if everything was ok. he just brushed it off and said he hadn't really been getting a good nights sleep.

Lydia was playing video games in the living room, while Adam sat on the couch reading a book. Barbra was in the kitchen making diner. BeetleJuice opened the door and set down his briefcase. His hair was more messy that usual, he had blood shot eyes and a flushed face, and his over all image was in disarray. 

"OH MY GOD, ARE YOU OK BEEJ??? YOU LOOK TERRIBLE!!" Lydia screamed as soon as she saw him. 

"wow. Lydia, you're such a charmer." Beetle said groggily.

Adam set down he book and walked over to Beej. He pressed the back of his hand on Beetle's forehead; Beej leaned into the touch. Adam gasped, "Beej, you're burning up! come lay down." he said, leading Beetle up to the attic.

"Wait, but how does that work? ghosts don't have a body temperature..." Lydia asked.

"but I have work to do..." BeetleJuice said, still following Adam.

"Well, your health is more important than work. Besides, if its not to hard, I'll try and help- If you want." Adam said, helping Beej lay down on his bed.

"I don't think you'd like it very much, it's pretty boring... Hey wait a minute... I can't go to sleep now, I have so much work to do. It's not even funny..." Beej said, still doing as Adam said.

"You're mental and physical health is so so much more important."

"but... I'm dead...I don't care about my health..."

"I do."

"Aww. You cAre about mee~!" 

Adam's face flushed. "I- I didn't mean- I wasn't- I-"

"Ha ha~! You, my good sir, are so CUTE! SO so CUte!  so cute when you're flustered."

Adam sighed. "Just lay down!" he said, pushing Beej over. 

Beetle grabbed onto Adam as he leaned back, so Adam was partially laying on him. Adam sat up quickly. "Hey-hey, no no no. If i have to lay down, you have to too. them the rules. come laY dOwN~!" Beej said, reaching for Adam again.

"you know what, I'll go make you some soup!" Adam said, trying to escape BeetleJuice. "h-how does that sound?" Adam went for the door.

"Wait! please don't go! I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable. please, Adam, come back." Beej begged.

"I... Why don't you want me to leave?"

"I don't like being alone very much. My brain starts to freak out when no one is around me, and the longer I'm alone, the more stressed i get. And, I've already had a very stressful day today. I don't need more."

"Oh, um.. O-ok. I'll stay."

"thank you." a soft smile tugged at BeetleJuice's lips, and it was real. yeah it was a real smile; he wasn't faking it this time. Beej pulled Adam into bed, and this time Adam didn't protest. Beej hugged Adam and buried his face in his chest, then promptly fell asleep. Adam just kinda sat there and stared at the unconscious ghost in his arms. He was kinda cute when he was asleep... What?! NO! Adam, get a hold of yourself!