The Battle of Two Bridges

“I’m gonna be sick.” I say softly, watching the room slowly spin by for the eight billionth time.

I was currently tied up and hanging upside down above the Killahead Bridge next to Blinky.

Bular lets out a soft growl, jumping onto the bridge so he was standing in front of me.

I cry out as he suddenly spins me violently before grabbing the rope, stopping me.

“Better?” He smirks.

“Much…” I say softly, trying not to throw up.

The black troll growls softly before turning his back to me, staring at the curtain that hid the room.

“He won’t come, Bular. Jim is a trained and true Trollhunter.” Blinky says, looking at the black troll.

“Hey!” I say, looking at the four armed troll.

“As are you, Astrid.” He smiles awkwardly.

We both turn to the curtain as it’s suddenly pulled back, revealing Strickler in his changeling form… and Jim.

“Oh, Master Jim, why did you not heed my warning?” Blinky asks, staring down at the Trollhunter.

“You promised we’d build that Vespa together. Remember?” Jim responds as Strickler leads him to the bridge.

“Don’t do this, Jimbo!” I shout, struggling against my binds.

“Cut them down. I brought the amulet.” Jim orders, looking at Bular.

I gasp as the black troll holds his sword to my throat, feeling the metal leave a slight cut.

“Open the Bridge. I will not ask again.” He demands.

Strickler shoves Jim forward towards the makeshift staircase leading up to the bridge as the young Trollhunter glares down at NotEnrique.

“Sorry, kid. It’s business.” The small changeling says softly as Jim makes his way up the staircase.

“No, Master Jim, don’t do this!” Blinky shouts.

“Jim, stop!” I shout as well, continuing to struggle against my binds.

“If you release Gunmar and his Gumm-Gumm army, you will be unleashing darkness!” Blinky continues.

“The world won’t survive Gunmar’s reign!” I say as Jim slowly approaches the small opening in the bridge where he needs to place the amulet.

“The life of one old troll and a friend is hardly worth putting everyone at risk!” He shouts.

“Think about Trollmarket! Your friends! Your mother! Think of Claire! We were trained better than this!” I continue.

“For the glory of Merlin, not another step!” Blinky shouts as Jim slowly moves his hand to place the amulet into the bridge.

We all stop as we hear an electronic beeping coming from Jim.

“He’s wearing a tracking device. You said the Trollhunter was alone!” Nomura shouts, glaring at Strickler.

“Not Trollhunter.” Jim says, holding up his wrist to reveal Toby’s Chubby Tracker, which was beeping louder and more frequently by the second. “Trollhunters!” He shouts as the curtain hiding the room falls down, revealing Aaarrrgghh, Toby and Draal.

“I am Toby! Grandson of Nana! Fan of hard rock!” Toby says loudly, pressing a button on the Ipod glued to his homemade armor.

We all give him a confused look as a gentle melody begins to play.