Chapter 6: Who you are

Start from the beginning

“Aww, but I’m the only one here.” I say scanning the empty classroom. “How can you deny your affections towards me? I’m as wounded as the mighty Julius Caesar.”

“Who was stabbed to death. Do you want to be next?” he grins at my pouting expression. He only acts like I annoy him to death, but I know he likes me. He always says I reminded him of his gay brother that lives in L.A teaching at a university. That’s why no one can mess with me in his class. If you even utter the word Fag he’d knock you into next Tuesday without breaking a sweat.

Hence, the reason I love his class, because someone always slipped up. It’s something about seeing a homophobe bleed that has me smiling for the rest of the day. Call me a sadist.

“You know you love me.” I say the same time someone walks into class. I glanced towards the door, and froze seeing Nolan Drake with his usual blank green stare straight towards me before looking at Mr. Hale.

“Isn’t class supposed to start?” He asked sounding like he just got out of bed. His voice dripped in a raspy bored tone that states he rather be anywhere but here.

“When everyone gets here Mr. Drake. So you can just take your seat until they do.” Mr. Hale glares at Nolan making him scoff in response.

“I don’t see you telling him anything.” Nolan nods in my direction.

“That because I’m special.” I say before taking my seat in the far left corner of the class.

“You’re something else all right.” He muttered making Mr. Hale fly out of his seat.

“What did you say!” he spat glaring in Nolan’s direction.

“I said he’s something else all right.” Nolan simply states not even blinking at the fact he might get strangled. Mr. Hale just narrowed his eyes in suspicion before sitting back down.

“That better not have been a homophobic comment.”

“It wasn’t.” Nolan assured before taking his seat in the far right hand corner of the room."I didn't mean anything along those lines."

“Then what did you mean?” I bit my lip, realizing the question flew out of my mouth. But instead of ignoring me like I thought he would, he just smirks in my direction before raising a brow as if to say ‘you really want me to answer that?’. I just looked at him crossing my arms mentally replying. ‘hell yeah bitch.’ making him roll his eyes and sit at his desk before looking out the window. After a couple of seconds, I thought that was the end of the conversation, until he unexpectedly answered.

“Your something alright, but ‘special’ isn’t exactly how I’d put it. I find you more… interesting.”

I didn’t have time to answer or be shocked at what Nolan had said to me, because as soon as the word ‘Interesting’ left his mouth. The class started to flood with students muttering an apology to Mr. Hale for being late.

I didn’t have time to ask ‘Why do you find me interesting?’ but I wouldn’t ask. He was probably just screwing with my mind. Yep that’s it.

………………………..

“Alright guys since we only have ten minutes left, I’ll pass out the test you did on Julius Caesar.” Mr. Hale announced, as he arranged test papers. “Now I know some people would hate me if I did this from the highest to lowest-”

‘Me’

“And some people won’t appreciate being acknowledged for getting the highest-”

‘Me’

“And others won’t like being called out for failing.”

‘M- oh wait dumb people.’