Chapter 5: The new Genevieve

Start from the beginning

"Beautiful, don't you think?" Genevieve says taking the seat in front of me while looking outside. Rain? Beautiful. I guess there was something about it that was alluring, other than depression.

I didn't answer. Just kept looking out as the trees were swept sideways by the strong wind that came with the rain, and cars rush through the streets. Tardy students were running, trying to stay dry as others with umbrellas walked in no rush.

One guy, dressed in a dark hoodie over his head, was rushing a little too much with his umbrella in hand, and had it swept away by the wind. He completely ignored it and kept on walking, but not before losing his balance on the wet grass and land flat on his butt. Give the guy some credit, because he just got up with his backpack and made his way into the school.

"Poor guy." Genevieve sighed.

"What are you doing?" I finally asked now that we were alone.

"Hmm." She smiled turning her attention towards me. "I'm watching the rain-"

"Well I can see that." I retorted. "I'm talking about what are you doing with me? Why are you like this." I referred to her new image.

"This." She smiled innocently tugging on her shirt. "Is who I am. You." She pointed at me. "Made me come in terms with what I was trying to hide for a very long time. I think it's time I stopped lying to myself, and be who I want to be. Starting with those ugly ass clothing and ankle breaking heels." She laughed, but I still kept a straight face.

"...Okay... that doesn't explain why your hanging around me like we're... friends.."

"Well we are." She simply stated just before the bell rang.

"But...why?" I asked not comprehending the reason why she would even think we were anything close to friends. She turned around with a genuine smile across her face before answering.

"You were a friend to me. Now I want to be a friend to you."

I didn't have time to answer as the other students began to make their way in the classroom. But based on the mischievous smile she had before turning around, she saw the pure shock from my face.

'What is she up to?'

...............................

"Alright Suckers let's get ready for a quiz." Is the first thing the Math teacher, Mr. Donovan, said walking in the class causing a bunch of sighs and whining from the entire class.

"Sir that's not fair!" a girl whined from the front of the class. "We just started this topic."

"Well I guess I'll be checking a certain failing paper Ms. Lin." He simply stated taking out the student register. "Now let's get the attendance over with and then we'll resume with the quiz. Abigail Blank...

"Here."

"Bennett Argentine."

"Present."

"Carter Summers." He muttered as it almost hurt to say it.

"Here." I muttered too quietly.

"Well it seems he's not here." Mr. Donovan says, playing like he didn't hear me. "Derrek Hal-"

"I said I'm here." I spoke more firmly, not even bothering to look at his face, which is probably glaring at me right now. He's never liked me. Not that I care, I didn't exactly enjoy his ugly mug either.

"Watch your tone Mr. Summers." He snapped.

"He didn't have a tone with you Mr. Donovan." A calm Genevieve states making me gape at her in shock. Did she just....