Jonathan Crane🧪

Imagine: Jonathan asking you out

"Dr Crane?"You spoke up softly from where you were flipping through the file of an Arkham Patient named Pamela Isley aka Poison Ivy.
You were trying to apply for your doctorate in psychology at Gotham U but to do that you needed work experience and the only place available was at the dreaded Arkham Asylum. At first you'd hated the idea, your parents had always warned you about the psychos in Gotham, The Riddler, Mad Hatter, Two-Face, Harley Quinn, the crazy plant lady whose file you were looking at and the psychotic, sadistic Joker. You were incredibly uneasy your first day but when you met your boss/mentor Jonathan Crane that all changed. Sure, he was a little odd at first but you'd come to see he was a really smart, really sweet guy, you kinda developed a little crush on him.
"Mhm?"He hummed from where he was reading scribbles of his own that you couldn't even decipher if you tried.
You perched yourself upon the far edge of his desk."Can I ask you a question?"
Jonathan looked up alarmed as if you'd just told him Victor Zsasz had escaped."Y-yeah, I guess."
"You don't have to look so alarmed, Doctor."You smiled and bent forward a little."I just was wondering...why did you become a psychologist? Why do you do what you do?"
The dark haired man seemed to relax a little and chuckled at your second wording of the question while taking off his glasses."I respect the mind's power of the body. It's why I do what I do."
"That's interesting."You got up and walked back over to the file cabinet.
"Now it's my turn to ask you a question."Jonathan spoke.
"Oh well, I don't know why I decided this is what I wanted. I guess I just don't believe everyone in here is as bad as they say, I think if someone can help them that maybe they could change."You dropped Isley's file back in and turned to your mentor with a smile.
"That's a lovely thought but not what I was going to ask you."
"Oh?"
Jonathan stood up and nervously cleared his throat, a light pink dusting his cheeks."Y/N, um I was wondering if you'd like to go out to dinner with me?"
Your eyes widened in surprise and delight, it was your turn to blush."Dr Crane, I'd love too."
"Really?"He beamed."Well, then you may as well call me Jonathan."