Prologue

Stefan and Elena were up in the attic one afternoon, school was over for the day and the couple was looking for some old items to use for an upcoming project in history. As they shuffled through boxes in the large space, the infamous older brother Damon Salvatore was below in the study lounging while nursing a full tumbler of his beloved bourbon. He was half-listening to the couple upstairs while looking through some cases for the sheriff of Mystic Falls, Elizabeth "Liz" Forbes.

"What's this?" Elena asked as she found a box full of things, the side reading '70's D' while being protected from the dust. Stefan came closer to her, seeing the inside contents of the box. What intrigued the couple most was a photo album with the monogram of 'D & T' on the front in gold while the rest of the cover was embedded with cobalt blue filigree on the dark leather.

'So Damon' they mentally commented at the leather bound book before opening to a white page with the scroll of

To our memories that last a lifetime and more.

The fun we shared and struggles we had to concur.

Loving every adventure and destination with you by my side.

My Burning Man + My Woodstock Bride

"That's Damon's handwriting." Stefan pointed out while motioning to the last part of the note.

"But who is T?" questioned Elena, while that last bit traveled to the ears of the owner two floors below. Damon slammed down his glass and used vamp speed to appear in front of the curious duo, causing them to startle in surprise.

"What 'a doing brother?" he swaggered to them to look at the object of interest. Upon seeing the leather cover, turned his face to ash and quickly spiked his temper.

"Where did you find this?" through clenched teeth, he rounded on Stefan and grabbed the front of this shirt; getting in his face. "We found it in a box of stuff while looking for stuff for our project." he struggled trying to get his older, notoriously compulsive brother off of him.

"Who's T?" Elena asked after quickly standing to help her boyfriend. The question made Damon freeze his assault, turning his head and attention to the Petrova doppelganger. "You won't let it alone until you know, will you?" he softly questioned, still holding Stefan loosely by the collar with grief and saddened eyes.

She stared at him, determination burning in her eyes saying all he needed to know. He let Stefan go with a sigh and began to walk back down the stairs towards the living room/parlor with the couple trailing behind him, Elena clutching the album to her chest.

"I first met her in a club in Kentucky. It was the decade of sex, drugs, peace, hippies, music, anarchy, and flower power. It was during the interval between the Stefan meetings. I was drunk, hungry, and looking for some fun..."

1967

Among the smoke, lights, raging music, and multitude of grinding bodies was a hunger nocturnal beast looking for its next meal. Damon was wearing his signature black leather jacket, jeans, white-tee and biker boots searching the crowd with vigilant crystalline eyes. Moving through each room of drugs, sex, or drunk induced people; he found a pretty little red-head flower child to snack on. Taking the girl in his arms; before digging his fangs in, was interrupted with "You might not want to do that mate."

Looking towards the voice; saw a young woman in her 20's, tan-skin, black eye-lined silver eyes, mohawked coffee curls that came to her 4-pierced ears.

"Yeah, and why not?" he arrogantly questioned, looking down at her firm petite frame; her boots the only height lea-way. Cocking a defined eyebrow stated "She's chalked full of Ecstasy, Weed, and 3mm of Heroine. Even that's not good for vampires, that'd knock 'ya out into an overdosed coma. You my friend need something light to still get the high without the negative effects."

Pulling him in tow to a different corner of the club. "Who are you and why' ya helping?" he questioned.

"Name's Talia and the go-to-witch for club feedings and ingredients wiz. I help supernaturals blend in and eat without getting hurt or caught." she introduced, only turning her head to see him while still walking. "I'm Damon."

"After that we started hanging out, traveling place to place, enjoying everything life had to offer." he sighed into his half-full cup.

"What did you guys do?" asked Elena as she and Stefan looked through the album. Damon was quiet for a moment before saying "Went to Paris, traveled through Death Valley, hiked and camped in Yosemite park; went to the original Woodstock with a few friends and the original Burning Man."

While listing off the places, the couple saw the corresponding pictures of black and white as well as dull-colored. "What happened to her?" they questioned as they got to the last dated picture of 1994. Damon has risen from his seat to the bar for a refill and was heading to the library when he off-handedly concluded "She died."

########################################################

I DON'T OWN VAMPIRE DIARIES UNIVERSE, ONLY MY ORIGINAL CHARACTERS AND CHANGES IN EVENTS IN TIMELINE.