Chapter four

By the time the day was over, Tré just wanted to go home and watch a movie with Billie.

"Hey, Billie. Wanna come over and watch a movie?" Tré asked as he and Billie walked down the street towards their neighborhood.

"Yeah. Sure." Billie grabbed Tré s hand and smiled at his boyfriend.

"How you doing, fags?" Before the couple could react, they were pushed to the ground and kicked a few times.

Tré looked up and saw their attackers. It was Nash and his group of cronies, including Sam.

"Go away, Nash. No one likes you." Billie spat as he stumbled to his feet preparing to throw a punch at Nash's nose.

"Oh, see. I could, but I found out a little tidbit about your precious boyfriend's family." Nash spat venomously.

Billie shifted from foot to foot and wiped his eyes with his forearm. "Is that so?"

Nash looked at his fingernails and wiped them on his shirt. "Apparently, you precious boyfriend gets beaten. His dad is an alcoholic and when his dad gets drunk enough, he would rape your boyfriend."

"Stop it, Nash." Billie shoved Nash, grabbed Tré's hand and together they ran down the street.

Billie wrenched open his front door and dragged Tré inside.

"Is it true?" Billie was concerned for the safety of his boyfriend.

Tré didn't say anything, but he nodded slightly.

"Oh my god. Tré, why didn't you tell me? You have to get out of there." Billie rubbed his hands over Tré's shoulders and neck.

"I-I can't. He-He won't let me." Tré stuttered.

Billie titled his head. "Why?"

"He-He said if, if I try t-to leave he'll s-shoot me." Tré choked out and he buried his face in Billie's chest crying his eyes out. The pair sunk to the floor and Billie wrapped his arms tightly around his boyfriends torso.

"Tré. Hush now. It's okay. I'm here, he won't hurt you here. It's okay. I'm here. Shh..." Billie stroked Tré's hair and rocked him back and forth. "I won't let him hurt you."

"Promise?" Tré whispered.

"I promise, Tré." Billie kissed the top of Tre's head softly.

Pretty soon Billie's mother came home.

"Oh, the fags are home." She sneered. "You making out?"

"No, mother." Billie spat back.

He led his sobbing boyfriend upstairs and tucked him into bed. "Sleep. You're tired."

Tré nodded and snuggled into the sheets. Soon enough he fell into a deep sleep.