Tsukishima Kei x Reader

*A/n, this for all my fellow salty boi fans. Enjoy<3
*credit to artist, their signature is on the piece

C/n: club name
E/c: eye colour

Words: +- 1270
Warnings: none just fluff

3rd POV

Y/n and Yachi have been friends for a long time. There is not a childhood memory in either of their minds where the other isn't present. Y/n, like Yachi, is considered smart and she is in the same class her best friend. Unlike Yachi, Y/n had already joined a club. The C/n club seeing as it's her favourite thing to do. When Yachi joined the volleyball club as team manager, Y/n was ecstatic knowing her friend found a place. And so over the course of a few weeks as Yachi grew closer to the volleyball first years, so did Y/n. Sitting with all of them at lunch really created a strong bond between all of them. Not long after did Y/n start to notice the changing behavior of her friend around a certain freckled boy. (A/n, I know Yama's freckles are actually acne scars I just thought 'freckled boy' sounds so cute) It was as clear as day that Yachi liked Yamaguchi and it was even clearer that he liked her back. The two of them were meant for each other and all they needed was a little push to get started. And so out of desperation for her friend to find happiness Y/n consulted the one and only salty boi Tsukishima Kei.

It was quite difficult to get the boy alone seeing as Yamaguchi was always with him, but today that changed. Sitting outside for lunch the six first years all conversed as normal. Hinata was stuffing his face, even asking if he could have some of the others food. "Y/n are you gonna eat that?" The lil tangerine asked, immediately receiving a smack to the head. "You can't ask other people for their food! Boke Hinata Boke!" Kageyama scolded, which soon led to a quarrel between the freak duo. Laughing it off Y/n turned to see Yachi and Yamaguchi talking shyly with blushes coating their cheeks. Tsukishima stood up from his place on the grass and walked towards a vending machine. Grabbing the opportunity, Y/n quickly stood up and trailed behind him. Once they were out of earshot Y/n spoke. "I'm guessing you've noticed as well?" "Noticed what? You trying to get me alone? Yes I noticed and quite frankly it's kinda creepy." " No! I was just trying to get you alone so that we could devise a plan?" "A plan? What on earth for?" "Well it's clear as day that Yachi and Yams like each other so I thought you know, seeing as your Yams's friend, you could help me get them together." Y/n suggests her eyes twinkling with hope. "That really is none of our business. We should just leave them to sort it out themselves." "I have! For weeks now and there has been no progress at all!" Tsukishima only rolls him eyes, but before he can say another words Yachi calls from the grass. "Y/n, what's taking you so long?" "Meet me after your practice near the gate, alone." Y/n demands and walks back towards the group.

And so when school ended Y/n and Tsukishima went back to Y/n's house to devise the master plan. "Why exactly am I here." Tsukishima whines as he looks through the room. Ignoring his statement Y/n gets out a piece of paper and a few pens. "So I say we start with setting them up." Tsukishima only raises and eyebrow in response. Taking that as her go sign Y/n continues. "Well, we both know how shy they are so what if we try and make them jealous. Like I could flirt with Yama, in hopes of Yachi realizing that she has to make a move or she will lose her manz." "And how does this involve me exactly?" "Well I need you to flirt with Yachi, try and subtly make Yama jealous. Not too much tho we don't want to scare them away." "This is stupid, why not ask The King or chrimpy or someone?" "Well, I think if I were to ask Kags and he agreed Yama might feel intimated by him and think that he doesn't have a chance, but if it's you he won't feel as intimidated. Hinata on the other hand would be toatally useless though, no offense but I highly doubt he knows how to flirt." "Fair point." "So, are you in?" "What do I get out of it?" "Your friends getting together, you get to see Yama happy." "Alright let's do this."

The next day at school was awkward as hell. You've never flirted with someone before so to say you were in the dark would be an understatement. 'Alright Y/n, you can do this.' Seeing as you, Yachi, Yama and Tsukki were all in the same class it wasn't too difficult to locate your poor target. Walking up to Yamaguchi, you try and look as inticing as possible. (A/n the following is going to be very very cringy) Yamaguchi was peacefully doing his work, minding his own business, unaware of the catastrophe approaching. You try and sit on his desk but don't quite get it right. Half of your butt is on the table and the other isn't, very uncomfortable. "Hey Yama." You purr, internally cringing. "Hey Y/n, what's up? You seem different." Yamaguchi replies hesitantly. "Ooh nothing much, just thinking abut you." Eww, is all you can think. Yamaguchi visibly tenses at your words and you wish you could just be absorbed into the floor. Tsukishima doesn't know why, but the horrendous sight of you trying to flirt with his best friend made him angry. He doesn't know why but anger and jealously started to bubble inside of him. Walking up to the two of you, who were both clearly uncomfortable, he gently but firmly grabbed your arm. Leading you outside, away from a very relieved Yamaguchi. "Ugh that was soo bad." You whined slumping on the bench he brought you to. "Mm." Is all he said. Tsukishima was having an internal crisis. He didn't know why he did it or why he suddenly felt the way he did but he decided that he has to do something about it. Inching closer to you he was extremely cautious. "Y/n." With the mention of your name you looked up to the male. E/c orbs meeting golden ones. The atmosphere took a sudden turn, the air grew hot and you could feel your face heat up. Your cheeks were warm, but your heart was warmer. "Yes Tsukishima." "Why don't you have a nickname for me." Confusion evident on your face Tsukishima continued. "You call Yamaguchi, Yama, Kageyama, Kags, but you don't call me anything except Tsukishima." "Do you want me to call you something?" You inquire, clearly amused at the sudden turn of events. "Yes." Is all he says. "Alright then, what about I call you mine." Dang Y/n that was smooth. "I'd like that." Silence fell over you both as small smiles creep their way onto your faces. suddenly you burst out laughing. "Oh my gosh Tsukki that was so embarrassing. I can't believe I said that!" Laughing hard you were suddenly silenced with soft lips pressed to yours. Melting into the kiss you forget all about everything.

*A/n, no cap but this is trash. It's so horrible and I cringed while writing it, but I'm gonna post it anyway cuz I can't think of anything better. If you made it this far, Congratulations, you deserve it cuz this s was hard to read.