Chapter 20

Riley's POV:

Farkle and I tried coming up with plans on how to stop Maya from fighting. We jotted down some things on a piece of paper. Then, we suddenly heard a knock on the window. For a second, I worried if it was Maya, but I was relieved to see that it was just Lucas.

"Come in!" I smiled.

"Thanks, what's up you guys?" He crawled in and looked at the paper.

"Alright, we've got to tell you a secret. You can't tell ANYONE, not even Maya."

"I promise I won't say a word." Lucas put one hand up, and another on his chest.

We explained everything about Maya fighting.

"What!? I thought I told her not to fight anymore!" He grew angry.

"Oh don't you know Maya? She doesn't listen to anyone."

"What are we going to do about this? She's going to get hurt soon!"

"We're coming up with a plan while she's gone. You can help us!"

"Of course."

And so we kept brainstorming and writing things down. We were making great progress. Then again, we heard another knock. This time I knew it was Maya. I panicked a little and slid the piece of paper under the bed. She came in.

"What're you guys doing?" She asked.

"Just keeping Riley company." Farkle replied.

"Why?" She eyed me.

"Because you left me!" I cried out, hoping she would stop asking questions.

"I'm sorry! You've got nothing to worry about now." She grinned.

"Where were you Maya?" Lucas questioned in a slightly harsh tone. I widened my eyes and stepped on his foot. "Ow!" He whispered to me.

"What?" Maya looked shocked and eyed me again.

"Where were you? I'm just curious because ya'know, Riley really missed you." Lucas tried to cover up.

"Riley knows where I was and it's none of your business, Sheriff Joe."

"Sheriff Joe?"

"Good one, right?"

"I've heard better."

Maya grumbled and narrowed her eyes.

"You know what? I think Farkle and I should leave now. We've got a lot of errands, right Farkle?"

"Actually I'm free-"

Lucas put his hand over Farkle's mouth and dragged him out the window.

"I wonder what that was about." I laughed nervously.

"Yeah, me too." Maya gritted her teeth at me. She didn't look too happy.
-------------------------------------------
Maya's POV:

I was sure that Riley told Lucas and Farkle. I wasn't 100% sure, but I was sure. I grew angry at the fact that Riley probably betrayed my trust.

I laid on the bed, drawing, while Riley was downstairs. I turned on my phone and decided to listen to music. My music mostly consisted of songs by Panic! At The Disco and Hozier. I put on my headphones and put on the song "New Perspective" by Panic! At The Disco.

After a few minutes, I see Riley at the doorway, holding a bowl of popcorn and candy. I took off my headphones.

"I thought maybe you'd like to watch a movie with me?" She said softly, looking down at the popcorn.

I stared at her for a second. She seemed a little upset, maybe scared. I think I saw tears in her eyes, I couldn't tell for sure.

"Sure thing, just let me change into my pajamas." I sighed. She left with a slight smile.
--------------------------------------------
Cory's POV:

I really started to worry about Shawn. He hasn't talked to me ever since the night. I've tried calling him several times. He never once picked up. Why do I even bother?

My phone calls slowly started to fade. I finally decided to give up on trying to talk to him. If he didn't want to talk to me, what was the point? Although, I still worried day and night.

As I snuggled up with Topanga in bed, I let out a deep sigh.

"What's wrong this time?" Topanga asked like she always asks every night. Did she really ask me this every night?

"Shawn."

"What about Shawn?"

"He hasn't talked to me ever since the night of the party."

"Well, lucky for you, I've been talking to Angela."

"And this is lucky for me how?"

"She's living with Shawn now you big stupid!"

"Really? No wonder he never answers my calls! He's probably in the room with her all day long. Kinda like how we were when we first got married."

"Cory! They aren't doing that stuff. It's just kissing and hugging, like how all couples start out."

"Do you think Shawn's going to propose to her soon?!"

"Cory! Listen to me very carefully. They're starting over. No sex, no engagement, no marriage."

"Awww." I pouted.