Chapter 12

Riley's POV:

"SURPRISE!" Everyone jumped out. I gasped as I looked at everything. There were decorations and food everywhere. Everyone was here, Maya, Lucas, Farkle, uncle Josh, uncle Eric, aunt Morgan, grandma, and grandpa. There were four people I didn't recognize though, some old man, a red-headed lady, a black lady, and some guy. There was one person that was missing though.

I pull Maya, Farkle, and Lucas into the tightest group hug and thank all three of them. I then, greet and hug my relatives.

"Who the heck are they?" I ask my parents, pointing at the remaining four.

"ANGELA!" My mom screams.

"TOPANGA!" The black lady screams back. They pull each other into a hug.

"Riley, come here!" My mom grabs my arm. "This is Angela! She's my best friend. I haven't seen her in forever, I wonder why that is!"

"Oh Topanga, you know I didn't mean to avoid you. I've just been so busy with my job and settling back after Europe was such a pain!"

"It's alright honey!"

"TOPANGA! LOOK WHO'S HERE!" My dad calls out.

"Who is it?" My mom runs to my dad as I follow.

"Mr. Feeny! It's so nice to have you here! Thank you so much for bringing back our girls. How can we ever repay you?" My dad said to the old man.

"My pleasure. If you could keep Eric as far away from me as possible, that would be repayment enough!" The old man laughed.

"Riley, this is Mr. Feeny! He's the one who met Maya at the bakery and brought you back home." My mom introduced.

"Thank you." I smile at Mr. Feeny.

"No problem." He smiles back.

"Topanga!" The red-head tapped my mom on the shoulder, with the guy behind her.

"Rachel! Jack! It's so nice to see you guys again! This is like some huge reunion. How'd you guys know about the party?"

"Eric invited us!"

"Oh my god! I have to thank him."

I run over to Maya, Lucas, Farkle, and Auggie, growing bored of meeting my parents old friends.

"Hey guys!" I smile at them.

"Hey!" They smile back.

"Riley, do you feel alright?" Farkle asks.

"Yeah, why?"

"No reason, just wondering."

As we made our way to the couch, uncle Josh passed by us, giving Maya and I a dirty look. Maya shot a dirty look right back at him. He scooped up Auggie and muttered something. What was his deal?

"Wait, where's Shawn?" I ask.

"We uh... We couldn't reach him. He won't reply to any texts or calls." Maya replies.

"Have you tried going to his house?"

"What?"

"His house. Don't tell me you guys didn't go to his house!"

"Whoops." All three of them said.

"Alright come on, we're going to his house." Maya gets up.

"We should bring my dad."

"And Angela."

"Why Angela?"

"You'll see."
---------------------------------------------
Shawn's POV:

I sat on the now dirty couch, watching television and drinking beer. I was running out of beer and money. Great.
As I opened another beer, I heard something knock. I guessed it was the door. I got up and opened the door with my beer in one hand. I looked down and there stood a tall, 13 year old brunette.

"Riley...?" I squinted at her. That couldn't be her, could it? She seemed thinner.

"And Cory." I heard Cory's voice. Shit. I quickly threw my beer across the room.

"And Maya."

Oh god no, not Maya.

"And Angela."

I laughed. This was all some huge joke, wasn't it? I was obviously hallucinating.

"Shawn!" I heard Angela's voice. It wasn't a happy tone, no. It was the most angriest tone you could think of.

I laughed even harder. "Alright, what kind of joke is this? You guys know that Angela is gone."

"Does this seem like a joke to you?!" Angela appeared and grabbed me by the shirt. This was defiantly not a joke.
---------------------------------------------
Maya's POV:

I looked around the room. I haven't seen this many beer bottles since my dad. After Angela had her turn with lecturing Shawn, I went ahead and decided to lecture him myself.

"Really? REALLY? Do you honestly think this is the best way to live? You have no job! You sit all day drinking beer! You ignore everything around you! What kind of life is that? You have people who love you!"

"No I don't!"

"YES YOU DO!"

"DON'T YELL AT ME YOU RUNT!"

I backed away. This all started reminding me of my dad. The beer bottles, the yelling, the stained couch, what could be more similar?

I could feel my heart pounding against my chest as I remembered the memories I had with my dad. I felt like crying.

As I watched Cory and Angela yell at him, I grabbed Riley's hand and pulled her towards the front door, noticing that Shawn kept getting more and more violent.

"What was that for?" She asked.

"For this." I quickly opened the front door and pulled her outside with me. As I shut the door behind us, I heard a beer bottle smash against the door.
--------------------------------------------
Author's note:

Seriously guys, thank you so much for 1k views and 8k views on the first book.
What else do you guys think should happen in the book?