Monsters will Travel

"I always had this fascination with chef's and fine dinning. My dad actually loves to cook, he's old school of course, he taught me how to measure my eye, season by taste, all that stuff. I mean, it's different now in the restaurant world. I mean, everything's on timers-" Kai said as I slowly opened my eyes and saw a bright light over head of me. "It's like, fires go in, you push a button, ding, you take them out." Kai stated and I sat up looking at him to see fire behind him as we were in the back of the Mystic Grill.. "Technology. Literally, no guess work." He added and I could tell I was sweating. I tried to move my hands that were behind my back as I sat in a chair but I felt a burning sensation and I bit my lip in pain.. Vervain ropes..

"Why am I here?" I asked weakly up at him, obviously annoyed.

"Well, I spent eighteen years in abandoned restaurants.. Now, I'm showing off the fruits of my labor." He shrugged as he cut his steak and I rolled my eyes weakly.

"I don't mean like Mystic Grill." I pointed out narrowing my eyes at him.

"Oh, you mean like 'here' here, in Mystic Falls.. Sorry, I'm nervous.. You're really pretty." Kai said chuckling and I scoffed at him.

"You should see Elena. Or you know, my mom.. But wait.. I killed her." I pointed out and Kai rose his eyebrow at me in amusement. "Why am I here, Kai?" I added shaking my head at him.

"Well, I took the spell that was keeping supernaturals out of Mystic Falls, and I... Like absorbed it, like ate it, I guess-" he shrugged before putting a piece of stake in his mouth and sighing. "It's cool huh? First I eat magic and then eventually I lose it.." Kai said smirking at me and I looked away clenching my jaw. "But a big spell like that, I mean, come on. Magic's oozing out of me. I didn't realize I was out of control until I met the manager a few hours ago." He stated and I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "He was all like, 'yeah, you can't come in here, we're closed and you have an unconscious girl over your shoulder', So then I said 'don't judge me' and I gave him a heart attack, or tried to.. But all I did was make him vomit uncontrollably and so I was like, oh okay, let's stop that. So I tried again and I think I broke his spine.. I'm not really sure because the third time I tried the spell, he kind of exploded in blood." Kai finished sighing in defeat and I clenched my jaw at him.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"I just told you, I have too much magic." Kai shrugged in reply, drinking coffee and I rolled my eyes. "You know, it wasn't until my test run with the manager that I realized.. If I start to merge with Joe and my gushing fountains of magic turn her into that guy... Then I'm not gonna have a twin for the merge." He stated and I looked around the bar at anywhere but him. "So, Mariana. That is why you are here." He said and I rose my eyebrow turning back towards him. "Because I need to get my magic under control by practicing with you. Or rather by practicing on you." He said and I widened my mouth. "Oh and P.S silver lining.. After the manager finally stopped thrashing around.. I finally managed a cloaking spell. Thank you." He said cheering to an invisible Being. "It's easy to do and.. Undo." He added. "Phesmatos Auculitz." He stated and I gasped, backing my chair up as the manager was laid out on the table in front of me. I stared down at his eyes that were staring back at me. His skin was white from blood loss and I felt myself about to puke so I quickly looked away. "Table for three." Kai stated laughing and I controlled my breaths, clenching my jaw at him.
~~~

I slowly woke up to feel my hands in chains and I growled seeing Kai. "We're in my old high school?" I asked raising my eyebrow as I looked around us.

"Yeah, plenty of restrooms, no flammable surfaces and everyone's on winter break.. Still." He nodded looking at trophies as I looked up at the ceiling the chains around my wrists were attached to. "You know, it's no wonder America got dumb while I was in the prison world. They're never in school." Kai stated in annoyance and I rolled my eyes. "Is that you?" He asked looking at an old cheerleader picture. "Oh, and there's Bonnie!! Looking like nothing bad could ever happen to you." He whispered tilting his head at the frame. "Anyway, do you mind if I try to turn your blood into acid again?" He asked turning back towards me and I tried to free myself from the chains but it wasn't any use.