Paradise Isn't A Thing

I put on my t-shirt and shorts before I walked out of the bathroom to see Caroline staring at a graduation picture of her, Elena, Bonnie and I. "I miss her, too." I stated, making her jump somewhat before putting the picture of the dresser and moving towards the suitcase that sat on her bed.

"So, I volunteer at the hospital until like two, and then I figured we could carpool to the swimming hole." Elena said as she walked into the dorm with a drink carrier of coffee. She set down coffee on the nightstand and watched as Caroline packed all of her things into her suitcase. "Normally when you stay, you unpack.." She pointed out and I grabbed my Frappacino and sat on the bed beside Care's bag.

"We're not staying. Last night was just a moment of momentary weakness." Caroline said shrugging as she folded one of her shirts.

"Moment of Momentary weakness? Are you sure you don't want to come back to school?" Elena asked in amusement and I smirked a bit while Caroline rolled her eyes. "Caroline, needing your friends isn't a weakness, momentary or otherwise. You just need to talk to someone and vent." She added in reassurance before Caroline shut her suitcase.

"Tell that to Stefan, who clearly needs no one." Caroline replied With a fake smile and I looked away from her and silently drank my coffee.

"Cut him some slack. He just lost his brother, Granted his brother was a soulless, homicidal maniac, but still—No offense, Mari." Elena said quickly, turning towards me and biting her lip nervously and I tilted my head at her curiously.. "What?" She asked, noticing my stare and I cleared my throat and got up from the bed.

"Nothing. I've got to go. I have breakfast with Enzo.." I informed, changing the subject and grabbing my bag from the bed I slept on.. Bonnie's old one.

"Enzo? You guys go on a road trip together, now you're breakfast buddies?" Elena asked in confusion as she folded her arms over her chest.

"I guess so. Ironically, he's become one of the more stable people in my life.." I answered sarcastically and looked at Caroline who gave me a look of warning but I ignored her.

"Okay, not my first choice, especially after Damon—but invite him to the party." Elena stated with a smile and I sighed deeply in annoyance.

"Elena." I replied with a small groan as I folded my arms over my chest.

"What? I got Matt to take the day off from training and Tyler to give the practice squad a break—even Jeremy is coming. Plus, you have to come before you go back to wherever you've been for the past summer." Elena stated in defeat. I rose an eyebrow at her and looked at Caroline skeptically, only to see her shrug.

"It has been forever since we've all been together.. It'll be fun?" Caroline asked, trying to reassure herself more than me and I playfully glared at her.

"Don't make me invoke the nuclear option." Elena warned and I looked back at her in confusion. "I will selfie bomb you every five minutes." She added threateningly and I laughed dryly.

"Fine.. I'll go to the party—But I'm going to find an apartment that I can compel to not pay for. Freshman in college just—it wouldn't suit me." I pointed out as I walked towards the door.

"That is a conversation to be had over Jell-O shots." Elena replied in amusement after me and I chuckled a bit.

"Love you guys." I stated with a smile before I walked out of the dorm room.

-Bonnie-

"I got it." Damon said in annoyance as he lightly shoved me out of the way so he could drive the shopping cart down the isle of the supermarket and I rolled my eyes.