"Um, I actually worked in that office before you. I'm finishing up my last week now, as a matter of fact. So, I know it can be a bit overwhelming, but I'm here to tell you there's nothing to worry about. Uh, you'll do fine. So, let's just focus on getting you through your first week. Okay?" 

    I tune in carefully now. 

    "Uh, let's see. First there's an introductory greeting from the company that I'm supposed to read. Uh, it's kind of a legal thing, you know." 

    He clears his throat. 

    " 'Welcome to Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. A magical place for kids and grown ups alike, where fantasy and fun come to life.' " 

     More like a magical place called hell.

    " 'Fazbear Entertainment is not responsible for damage to property or person. Upon discovering that damage or death has occurred, a missing person report will be filed within 90 days, or as soon as property and premises have been thoroughly cleaned and bleached, and the carpets have been replaced.' "

    My eyes widen. My heart stops. My pulses pound. The person on the phone was reading from the newspaper, but I didn't hear that part from it. Didn't Dad see that? Or was it just not mentioned in the article? 

   Or is this just a way of getting rid of me? Probably. I push these thoughts out of my head as he continues. 

    "Blah blah blah. Now that might sound bad, I know, but there's really nothing to worry about."

    I absentmindedly flip through the cameras as he talks. I check each room. The West Hall. The W. Hall Corner. The East Hall. The E. Hall Corner. The Supply Closet. The Backstage. The Dining Area. The Restrooms. The Kitchen, though it was pitch black through camera view. And lastly, the Show Stage and Pirate's Cove. 

    "Uh, the animatronic characters here do get a bit quirky at night."

   I stare blankly at the phone. I didn't know whether to be scared or laugh at that sentence. Sure, the animatronics— I mean, those fucking creatures walked during the day, but at night? That's kind of hard to believe. I let it go anyways. 

    "But do I blame them? No. If I were forced to sing those same stupid songs for twenty years and I never got a bath? I'd probably be a bit irritable at night too. So, remember, these characters hold a special place in the hearts of children and we need to show them a little respect, right? Okay."

    I chuckle to myself. Respect those animal turds? Yeah, respect my ass. 

    "So, just be aware, the characters do tend to wander a bit. Uh, they're left in some kind of free roaming mode at night."

    Oh. I guess that explains how they "walk" during the night.

   "Uh...Something about their servos locking up if they get turned off for too long. They used to be allowed to walk around during the day too. But then there was The Bite of '87. Yeah. I-It's amazing that the human body can live without the frontal lobe, you know?"