A final groan exited my lips as I came, which caused him to whisper "Fuck" as he followed close behind. He pulled out of me, and I grabbed a few tissues from his box on his desk, handing some to him. The two of us started to clean ourselves up, but my eyes kept landing on him.

I was shaking, I could barely breathe as I watched him pull his boxers and pants back up. I started to pull my hair back into a ponytail, which made him glance up at me. He noticed me staring, "Yes?" I shook my head.

"Nothing" I lied.

Everything, I thought. You, Aaron Hotchner, have me thinking SO many things right now.

He bent down and handed me my shirt, and right after I pulled my skirt down, I took it from him.

"Yeah, thanks" I muttered.

000

I walked up my porch, thinking about everything that had just happened. Thinking about how I had just had sex with my... ex? Was he even considered tha? Were we ever even a real thing?

My train of thought was cut off as soon as I got a phone call, which made me quickly answer it.

"SSA Veronica Gordon" I said, unlocking the door to my house.

"V? It's JJ, I know it's two AM but I really need some help with which case to take" I shook my head as I entered my home, throwing my car keys on my counter.

I started walking into my room, "Don't worry about it, I wasn't asleep. I was just finishing up some work" I lied, putting her on speaker so I could start getting undressed to shower.

"Okay, so I've got two cases. The first one is a case in Illinois, two families of four were murdered in towns right next to one another in similar ways. The second is in Connecticut, three teenage boys in the same town were murdered in their bathrooms all in the span of two weeks" My eyes went wide and I looked at my phone.

"The second one."

"That's what I was thinking, but I didn't want to do it without a second opinion, and Hotch wasn't answering" She admitted.

I turned the water on and nodded, "No, yeah the second one. When do we leave for it?"

"First thing in the morning, probably eight at the latest"

"See you then, night"

"Goodnight, sweetie" And with that, I hung up.

I hadn't slept that night, I was too busy thinking about everything. About Aaron, about this case tomorrow. I was upset with myself for having sex with Aaron, I was nervous about the case we had to do.

However, I was at headquarters ready to go to Connecticut by seven thirty. I didn't want to waste any time, and it this case meant getting my mind off of my horrible decision I had made the night before, I was going to take it.

JJ and I were briefing everyone on the case, but I ignored all eye contact and communication with Aaron, even though he wouldn't stop staring at me. The tension was killing me.

"Why weren't we called sooner?" Derek asked, and I shook my head, glancing up from the case file.

"We were called, but we were on the crazy doll lady case" I told him, "The first victim, Andrew Davis, was murdered on last Monday. The second, Jeffery Adams, was killed that Wednesday. The third, Ezra Montgomery , was killed yesterday" I explained, and Prentiss' eyes went wide,

"It's Tuesday" She reminded us, and JJ looked back down at the case file. She was obviously worried,

"Yeah, we know"

000

We all entered the police station, and we were welcomed by the sheriff.

"Hi, I'm Agent Jennifer Jareau. We spoke on the phone" They shook hands and he nodded,

"Yeah, we've got the person who found the latest victim in the interrogation room, she's barely moved and hasn't spoke" I started walking towards the glass room, almost ignoring the fact that I probably should have introduced myself. I opened the door carefully, trying to be gentle. She glanced up at me, and I shot her a warm smile.

I sat in the seat across from her, examining her face. She was red, especially around her eyes. She had been crying, her eyes were still glassy. "Hey, I'm Veronica Gordon, I'm here with the FBI" I started, and her eyes looked me up and down. "You knew Ezra?" She pursed her lips and a tear slid down her cheek,

"Yeah, yeah he was my best friend" She revealed, wiping the tear from her face. I nodded, folding my hands together. "We were supposed to go to a movie last night, and uh..." My heart began to race. This story felt all too familiar, "I went to go pick him up, but I saw his front door was open. I went in to go find him, but he uh..." She started to cry, and I shook my head.

"You don't have to tell me right now" I ensured, and I put my hand on hers. "Take your time, whenever you're ready"

"Gordon" I heard, making me turn my head. There stood Aaron, and I looked back at the girl, awkwardly. "Take her home, yeah?" I nodded without glancing back at him, and I heard the door shut.

"Yeah, come on. I'll take you home" I told her, making her stand. She was shaking, but the two of us made out out of the room and shortly after, out of the building. She got into the passengers seat of one of the large black SUV's, me right next to her in the drivers seat.

I started driving after she told me her address, and it was silent for a bit. Until, "My name's Vicky" She let out, and I glanced at her for a second before my eyes went back to the road.

"It's nice to meet you, Vicky" I admitted, and shortly after that, we made it to her home. However, my eyes went wide when I saw the dozens of reporters swarming outside of her home. I reached in the back of the car and grabbed my FBI windbreaker, handing it to her. "Here, put this over your head" She looked at me weird,

"What?"

"Trust me, you'll want to hide from the reporters" I basically warned, and she hesitantly took it from me. She did as I told her to, and we both exited the car. The reports quickly spotted us though, and they started basically chasing us as we rushed inside. She opened the door to her home and we entered, which caused her to take the FBI jacket off and hand it to me.

She smiled faintly, "Thank you" I nodded, and we looked to our left to see someone standing there. Probably her mother, who looked slightly worried but very relieved at the same time.

"Hey, sweetheart" She directed it to her daughter, and then she looked at me.

"Hi, I'm Veronica Gordon" I started, but Vicky cut me off.

"She's with the FBI, mom. She came to take me home from the station, she's working Ezra's case" Her voice cracked when she said the boys name, and I tried hard not to frown.

The woman smiled warmly at me, "Thank you for everything you're doing" I nodded.

"Of course, ma'am"

"I, uh..." We both looked at Vicky, who seemed a little nervous, "I'm ready to answer questions. I need to" And so we sat down and started talking.

She found him in his bathroom, he was shot six times in the head, just like the other two victims. She broke down a bit halfway through it, and I completely understood. It was painful to listen to, because I related to it so much.

I found my best friend in the bathroom brutally murdered by my father eleven years earlier.

"I feel like no one understands. I was..." She put her head in her hands, "I was in love with him" I held my breath as those six words exited her lips.

Yeah, I had been in love with mine, too.