Meeting Again

Thursday, February 27, 2020:

Lauren pulled up to the parking spot before turning off her bike and taking off her helmet. It had been one week since she had been to the Black Mask Club and she was excited to give it a second chance. Out of all of the nightclubs that she had experimented with over the past week, this one definitely had a draw to it.

Tonight, Lauren was dressed in all red. Red high waisted pants, red wrap top, red heels, red earrings, and red lipstick. She had chosen to go without her purse tonight, choosing to just bring her wallet, phone, and keys. She kept them in the pockets of her pants.

Walking back into the club, Lauren basked in the soothing jazz music and the calming red atmosphere. Making her way through the sea of people, Lauren took a seat at the bar and waited for one of the bartenders to notice her. Finally, one did.

"What can I get for you beautiful?" The bartender asked, cleaning a martini class.

"I'll have a Manhattan please." Lauren said, flashing her best smile.

"Of course, gorgeous." The bartender said as he started mixing her drink. After a few minutes, the bartender poured the drink into a glass and handed the glass to Lauren, "Here you go, pretty lady. Have a great time."

"Thank you." Lauren smiled politely before picking up her drink. Lauren looked around the club before spotting an empty booth. Getting up off of her seat, Lauren made her way over to the booth and sat down. Picking up her phone, Lauren scrolled through her emails to see if there was anything new. The archaeological dig in Navajo was only two weeks away and emails from the facilitator, Jack, and other archaeologists were coming to her at all hours of the day. After typing out a quick reply to an archaeologist asking her a question about native american society and their pension for masks, Lauren put away her phone and took a sip of her drink.

"My, my. What's a little dove like you doing here all by yourself?" A gentleman in a maroon velvet suit asked her. Lauren looked up at him for a moment, studying him for a few seconds before replying.

"How do you know I'm by myself. Perhaps I have a date ordering me a few shots?" Lauren shot back.

"Oh no, little dove. I have been watching you since you came in."

"Ah! Now I recognize you." Lauren said with a giggle, "You're the man from last week who sent your friend over to try and woo me."

"Yes, Zsasz said that you were able to see right through him. It was a shame. I had been hoping to talk to you."

"Well you're talking to me now." Lauren said as she scooted over, patting the spot next to her, "Come and keep me company, good sir."

"Oh, little dove, there's nothing good about me." Roman insisted as he sat down next to her, a dangerous glint in his eyes, "Tell me. What took you so long to return to me?"

"Return to you? Oh, what an arrogant man you are." Lauren laughed as she reached for her drink, "Well, I suppose if I have to tell you, I was experimenting with other nightclubs, seeing which one I like the best."

"And?" Roman asked, pursing his lips.

"And... I discovered that the Black Mask was my favorite. I just love the music and the calming atmosphere. This club just seems like the perfect place to unwind."

"Fabulous! Absolutely fantastic!" Roman said excitedly as he slung an arm over Lauren's shoulders and pulled her close.

"Oh." Lauren said, as she shifted uncomfortably, "And why would you be so pleased?"

"Because I am the owner of this fine establishment, little dove." Roman grinned at her.

"So you're Roman Sionis. Nightclub owner extraordinaire." Lauren flirted with a giggle.