Ski Lodge : Late Evening Conversation

Maya's pov

It was late the night and I just sat aside at the fire looking at how the flames went higher and higher.
I smile as I heard footsteps but couldn't see the figure in the dark.

"Riles?" I said but then saw someone different.
"Wrong, Gorgeous. What are you doing up?" Josh asked as he sat down next to me.
"Insomnia. It's nothing bad. I just almost never sleep and decided instead of staring at the ceiling worried that I would wake Riley up I would come down here. It's so quiet," I say while looking away.
"You know, it's not that hard to just admit you didn't want to be alone," he said causing me to look at him.

Josh's pov

I looked as her blue eyes were extra bright in the light of the flames while she didn't actually know what to say.
I chuckle moving position looking into her blue eyes.

"I know you sometimes feel alone. With Riley and Lucas. And I bet Farkle and Isadora are not making it easier for you. What I'm trying to tell you, Maya, is that if you do get tired of all the couple stuff you can always come to me," I say causing her to look at me.
"What would you know, Boing?" she asked using the nickname making me feel special.
"I know you better then you think, Maya," I say and Maya smiles leaning forward giving me a kiss on my cheek.
"Good night, Joshua," she said using my full name as she went up the stairs.