Chapter 12

"Mal, we can't have a chat with that monster," Evie begs.

"Reminder we don't know anything about him so how are we supposed to know if he is a monster and he asked me, not all of us."

"No one in this town has been good to us,  why would he be any different, and did you not hear? He is Gold's father." Ben and Evie exchange looks, hoping that they could reason with Mal. 

"Maybe, but what choice do we have? I meet with Pan and then his son, and maybe at some point we'll meet Pan's grandson, and maybe his great-grandson. I'm sure at some point they'll be older than one another, and the last one will be an ancient being," Mal waves them off. 

"This isn't funny, I have a feeling that he's dangerous," Evie says.

"Our parent's are dangerous Evie, we've faced worse, right?" 

"I'm going with you," Ben says.

"No, Ben I can't put you in danger again."

"Too bad, I'm going with you," Ben say grinning. 

"I am too," Evie says.

"No! I'm not letting you!"

"As the king of Auradon, I demand to follow you on your quest," Ben smiles.

"We aren't in Auradon!"

"I didn't say we were, but I'm still king."

"As your best friend, I'm going."

"I'm not staying with Chad and Audrey!" Doug complains. 

"Don't forget Jane," Evie smiles. 

"Whatever, I don't want everyone to come, Ben you can, everyone else stay."

"I didn't want to come," Audrey points out. 

"Good," Mal smirks. 

"Let's get this conversation over with," Mal sighs. She and Ben head towards Pan who is waiting by the vault like it's his life force.

"Alright Pan, what do you want to talk about?" Ben asks. Pan just smiles, like a little girl does at her dolls. He's waiting to play with them. Suddenly he waves his hands and Ben, Mal, and Pan all disappear in a cloud of red smoke. 

"Where did they go?" Doug asks nervously. 

"There's no telling," Evie muses.

"You have a magic mirror, can't you tell us?" Doug grins. 

"Maybe." Evie goes to get her mirror out of her purse, but it is gone. 

"It's gone," She murmurs. "Crafty little demon aren't you?"