Hale

I turned away from Stiles as he stumbled for words. He didn't tell her? That she was on a flipping dead pool or that she was hale. my good mood about the others being okay had deflated like a pooped ballon when I saw what happened. I turned, racing after Malia to wherever she had gone to. I called out her name, searching for forever until I heard a muffled sobbing coming from behind one of the hedges at the back of the school. I walked around to the back of it and say down beside her shivering figure. I looks up to see tears rolling down from her blue eyes.

"Did you know" she asked sucking in deep breaths. I looked at her questioningly. "That we were hales?" I glanced down guiltily before nodding. "I knew I was a hale, Malia I didn't even know of you were my sister or not! You've been gone for like seven years that doesn't exactly count as family" I said, as she looked at me accusingly. I couldn't help but defend myself. she couldn't turn this around on me. I had had to take care of myself for these years, foster families, unstable dads, all the drama of growing up into a teenager without anyone except stupid Mrs.Griffith to confide in. I had to ask her to go buy me some pads, her when I needed help with my homework. And all that time Malia had been out there, leaving me there thinking she was dead.

I glanced back up at her, as I felt tears forming in my own eyes. I took her hand. "I'm sure stiles wanted to tell you" I said softly. "He was just scared you'd take after him, he's a pretty awful dad." I said laughing lightly at the end. She was completely unresponsive. "I would know I mean, I've been staying with him for the last like month, not sure wether he was my actual dad or if I was just being tricked into liking the foster family" I said lustfully. She looked down at me, surprise etched on her face. "You were sent to foster families?" She asked. I nodded laughing a little bit. My voice cracked at the next bit. "Yeah, we have a lot of catching up to do" I croaked as the first tear escaped down my cheek.

She smiled lightly at me. "I can't believe I have my little sister back" she said quietly. I smiled more, but my throat was burning, begging to let the tears run. "I can't believe I have you back either" i said, and that's when I broke. I screwed my eyes tight shut as a small sob escaped me. She wrapped me up into her arms. "Shhh it's okay" she whispered. "I'm here" I felt even more tears come on as I drew in a breath. "But you never were before Malia. You left, left me to go the through the pain of becoming next thing best to an orphan." She rocked me back and forth. "I know." she said. "I'm sorry" and that's all she said. but it was all that needed to be said because it was genuine. I know she meant it. But at the moment, it wasn't enough for her.
Stiles had betrayed her, so did the rest of us. At least that's what she thought it was, but we only tried protecting her.

I stood up brushing myself off and sighed. "Stiles is probably beating himself up back there" she rolled her eyes. "I'm not going near him if that's what your asking" she said her voice slightly cracking. I sighed. "Fine, I guess I'll see you at home, whichever one you plan on coming to" and I left the scene with thoughts beating me up from the inside.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

"He's what?!" I yelled, my eyes bulging out of their sockets. I swung open the door to the McCall kitchen. "Nope! No way!! Not a chance McCall" I yelled, after shoving a nervous Liam out of the way. I'd just hung up from a call with derek, after him telling me that Scott planned on killing himself. Everyone looked at me, almost sympathetically as of they though I couldn't handle this. I scoffed rolling my eyes. "So your going to kill yourself, just to get some psycho murderer to come along to a hospital which by the way will be full of sick and innocent people, so that you know who he is? Then you might not even wake up? Are you joking" I yelled, my voice wouldn't calm down like my body was trying to, and I was standing there flailing my arms about like a mad thing and yelling my head off at everyone. "this is such a bad idea" and still no one replied.

I sent each of them a death glare before exiting the room quickly. "You know what? Fine! Go commit suicide Scott, but I am so not helping! And I definitely get to say I told you so to your soon to be dead corpse!" And I slammed the door shut behind me, absolutely fuming. How could they not have told me about this before it was actually taking place. Even Liam had kept me in the dark. Why would they even think up such a stupid plan in the first place. I kicked a rock at my feet, causing it to shudder with my strength as I stormed down the road to god knows where, raging with my hands shoved in my pockets. I probably looked like a lunatic muttering to myself as well.

I was getting angrier by the second and I noticed the fabric in my pockets beginning to tear as my claws protruded from the small rips. I yanked my fists out of the pockets and started swinging wild punches at a tree. He was going to die. I thought, and most people would have gotten upset over that but I was just really angry at how stupid he and the rest of then were being.

I heard a slight shuffling behind me, only something I could have heard, and whipped around, my hand about to collide with a dark figures chest. But just as I was about to hit home, a speedy hand shot out and grabbed my fist. "What the hell Avery?" The figure asked shocked. "Derek?!" I gasped angrily. "I don't need you to come give out to me for leaving because right now I'm just seriously pissed off because like what if he dies and then the told you so won't be good cos he'll be dead and I should really be telling then not to do this so I'm just going to turn arou-" I rushed, not taking a single breath along the way, until now the reason being I could barely keep standing. "Avery I didn't come to say that. I know you shift when you get angry so I thought now should be a good time to train? I'm not helping then either, I don't help with stupid things cos otherwise it would be my fault when it all goes wrong"

I clenched my jaw, fisting up my palms, "okay let's go" I muttered, trying not to slash his throat out. "Warm up?" He said smirking, I already knew what he was talking about, and I started running in the direction of the loft. I cut through the air effortlessly, keeping my pace the whole time and Derek was finding it difficult to keep up. I knew I was fast, probably the speed of the pack. I stopped running outside the cool metal doors, and Derek was almost out of breath, making me smirk proudly.

He kept telling me I was getting good, that I was almost unbelievably strong, better than any beta he'd ever seen before. And it made me pretty proud. He slid open the door shaking his head at me. I laughed noticing that he was actually embarrassed that he'd lost again. I followed him inside chuckling quietly. He pointed at a bar, and smirked back at me. "100 chin ups" I glared at him. "Derek!" I groaned as I made my way over to the bar hing from the door frame, and gripping onto the cool metal. "So what happened?" Derek asked as he crossed his arms and stood watching over me as I did the chin-ups.

"Well I got there and started giving out but they won't back out, they didn't really give me any explanations either. it's really unfair actually because yet again I'm left in the dark, like constantly" Derek always got me to spill stuff when we were training, usually it made me more pumped and angry so I had more adrenaline rushing through me. I pulled myself up on the final chin up, and dropped down onto the floor. Just as my phone rang a message.

From:Stiles; hey I know your pissed but we rlly need help, like life or death! Hospital ASAP.

I rolled my eyes, and walked over to my jacket, swinging it quickly over my shoulders. "I knew this would happen" I called. "I have to help" I finished with a small mumbled cursing and stormed out to the cold air, and began lap two back to the hospital.

〰〰〰〰〰〰

I ran in through the automatic front doors, getting worried when the building seemed deserted. I turned down the corner, toward the morgue, where I hoped the others would be with a rather dead Scott. But as soon as I stepped foot down the next corridor, a young nurse with another patient came running screaming down the hall, heading for the exit. I gasped on shock. "Hey what's wrong-" I began, but figured it out myself when I heard that familiar bone crunching and clicking.

I turned around toward the sound and my stomach dropped when I spotted my worst nightmare; a berserker.