CHAPTER TWO

It's been weeks since that last incident happened. The kids don't go to that station anymore, just hanging out with you while you do your job.
"Sorry guys, no freebies today. I don't have enough cash."
You smile, putting their plates on the table. They just assured you it's fine and they ate, while you clean the tables.
You sighed as you stare into the distance, thinking how you need to pull through this month. You need to pay your rent or you're getting kicked out, you need new groceries and pay your debts.
Sure, you're apart of the system, but it's been over a year now since your last contract. You didnt quit, just taking a long break from all the bloodshed and nightmares.

Your heart began to feel heavy as you came to a decision. A bad one at that. All you need is money, and money you will get.
You go behind the counter as you take your phone, nervousness takes over your body. Hands sweating, eyes watering, breath getting stuck on your throat.

You called the one, the only, Mr. President of the system.

"Hello, state your name and business."
You exhaled,
"Hey, it's me... Y/N. I'm going back, Im running short on cash."
"I see... The system welcomes you back, Y/N. Welcome back to bounty hunting. Did you enjoy your break?"
"Thanks, boss. I appreciate it, my break was... Alright. Well, I already know how this goes. Hook me up with a client, would ya?"

You hang up, sighing. Putting your phone on your pocket, wiping your palms down your apron.
You turn around as you heard the bell jingle.
"Welcome! What can I get--"
You choke up as you saw the man standing in front of you. The man wearing a suit, and the bunny mask.

"W-What can I get you...?"
You asked,
"Espresso."
Turning towards the espresso machine, you glance towards the table where the kids are sitting. Making sure the man isn't up to any funny business. Walking up to where he sat down, You serve him the espresso, smiling.
"Pay up, $8.25"
He hands you the money and a napkin. Unfolding the napkin, you read it silently.

I know you saw me, don't tell anyone about it. Or else.

Crumpling up the napkin, you sit down in front of him.
"Threatening me? Alright then, I won't tell anyone about what we saw. But leave the kids alone, got that?"
Your fists roll up, eyebrows almost becoming one together.
He nods,
"Understood."
Your body relaxed a little.
"Good..."
He lifts up his mask just above his lip, drinking his espresso.

Approaching the other table, you clean up.
"Hey, you guys should go now. After my shift, it's close time. Come back tomorrow, alright?"
You ruffle Tricky's hair, as she swats your hand away giggling.
"Alright Y/N, we'll get going. Thanks alot for the food and stuff... It means alot."
She smiles at you, Fresh kicks up his feet on the table.
"Y/N, our parents will be going somewhere tomorrow, do you mind if we hang with you?"
Jake raises his hands up,
"Let us chill at your place! We're still looking for another place to hang out. Your place could be a temporary hang out!"
You look at him, eyebrows raised.
Well, it would be safer, considering they heard a literal murder. But how could I trust them not to make a mess...

"Alright, on one condition, don't make a mess when I'm away. I'm giving you guys one spare key, use it for emergencies and ask me for permission when hanging out in my place without me. You guys have my contact, alright? Alright. "

They look at you in awe, as they erupt in cheers and yells. They all take their skateboards and go home.
You check to see if the man had left and he did. You clean the tables and the counter. Threw the trash out, and locking the place down,
Turning the sign to sorry, we're closed.

Opening the door to your apartment, you clean up the mess and threw out expired food. Sitting down on the couch, your phone vibrates.
Finally, a client..
You check the message sent to you, and just as you had thought, it's a new client.

"John Laney, $20,000,000
Leader of a criminal organization. Kidnapped some of my family members, please take him out. He's in an abandoned warehouse near mulby's."

"Consider it done."

You sighed, making your way under your bed. Taking out a Suitcase full of your old guns, and also your black mask.
You gear up, wearing your black mask. Covering half your face, your body strapped with weapons.
It's been awhile since you've last accepted a contracted kill, this brings alot of memories. The sun begins to set.

Rain started to pitter patter, making your way to your bike, littered with trash. Turning the ignition on, you speed your way to the location.
"Damn rain, why couldn't it rain tomorrow. Very dangerous..."
You yelled out irritated. You pass by the cars, finally arriving at the location.

"Great, a dark abandoned warehouse for my first-- I need to stop complaining I'm getting irritated."
You sigh and finally enter the warehouse, quietly.
Counting the men you could see, 7.

Creeping up behind, wrapping your arm around his neck, snapping it.
Turning to the second one, putting him into a choke hold, his breaths shortening each second. Laying him on the ground.

"Hey! Someone broke in! Sweep the area, top to bottom!"
Ahh shit..

A group of men start to check every corner and room. You make your way to the left side, firing your gun.
Shooting the both of them dead, not noticing a man is creeping up behind you. Turning you around, receiving a punch straight to the nose. Your eyes water, your vision getting blurry.
Physical stuff isn't really my thing...

"You're just a--...!"
You punch him straight to the nose, shooting him after.
Great... My nose is bleeding.

Wiping your nose off, you continue your way to the other 2 left.
They found their way to you, gunshots firing, you take cover behind crates.
The gunshot stops. You check your chamber,
One bullet left... Don't wanna waste more.

You aim your gun on the right guy, shooting him up. Chucking your gun to the other one, kicking him down. Taking your knife, stabbing him on the chest.
Thanks for the gun, dead man..

Taking his gun, you made your way to the man you're after. John Laney.
Climbing up the stairs, you did not expect to see a 6'3, ripped and buff man. Standing right in front of you,
"I've been expecting you.."
You sighed,
"John Laney? Great... Look, make this easy for me and just let me kill you. But I guess you won't.."

He grabs the chair, throwing it at you. Dropping to the floor, you fire your gun at his feet. Bleeding, he comes near you picking you up by your neck.

Struggling to breathe, you shoot him at the chest. Nothing happens.
"Look.. Buddy, I need--!! Alright, alright! I'll be quiet!"
You croak out as you try to get his arm off.
"Look here, I still have unfinished business. So why don't you--"
Yeah, talked for too long...

His mouth gurgling, you take the knife out of his throat.
Dragging the body towards his desk, propping it up.

Taking off your mask, you release a relieved breath. You turn towards the door and your heart sank. Your eyes widened at the man staring back at you.
The very same man wearing the bunny mask.
"Well, this is... Different. Nice to see ya, again..?"
You wave awkwardly at him. He waves back, clearing his throat.
"I guess it takes one to know one... Im afraid I need to, take care of you. I need very classified information from this man."
He draws his gun, aiming at you.
You panic and shout,
"No no no no! You can have the information! I just need the money from my contractor!"
Right on cue, your phone dings. Checking it, you see the you have received the $20,000,000.
"See! Do what you want, man. I'm only after the money, Jeez..."
You put your mask back on, pushing pass him.

"Look, bunny man, I won't tell anyone if you don't, deal?"
You stick out your hand, he shakes it.
"Here, take this."
He gives you a card,
"My business number, since it looks like my missions coincide with your job."
"Thanks, I'll uh, maybe call you sometime."