Hogwarts

The months passed and it was finally time to go to Hogwarts. Henry had memorized more than just the year's curriculum but also studied Horcruxes. He wanted to see why Voldemort was so obsessed with them.

As he approached the train he was flabbergasted. The train looked even newer than it did when he first rode it. He saw as children went to say goodbye to their parents, hugged them, kissed them. Henry swallowed a lump in his throat, knowing it wouldn't do him any good to get emotional.

He boarded the train, cradling Celery, his cat. Celery was snoozing adorably in one of his strong and defined arms. In the other he held his trunk. He wore a white shirt and grey pants. His hair was a messy perfect light brown. He had more freckles than before, and his warm brown eyes remained the same.

He went into an empty compartment and stored his trunk effortlessly. He sat and put Celery on his lap. After about 5 minutes of being alone with Celery, a couple girls joined his compartment. The girls would flirt with him and he would smile and chuckle politely, always staying polite and sweet.

He excused himself and Celery and went to get changed into his school robes. Once leaving he bumped into someone the same height. He looked at who he bumped into. It was a boy the same age. He had perfectly placed short black hair and strikingly dark eyes. Henry apologized and looked down as Celery meowed. Henry chuckled and put Celery back into his arm.

As he went back into the compartment, the girls were arguing. When he entered the compartment they stopped and looked at him like a pack of lost puppies. He forced a smile, which didn't look forced at all. He excused himself and went to the end of the train. At the end of the train was a small balcony like space. He watched as the trees and fields faded. It was very calming to him.

— —

As the train arrived, many kids excitedly made their way to the carriages. But they weren't moving on their own as everyone said. There were Thestrals. He smiled sadly at the melancholy, majestic creatures. He walked towards them and pet one of them. He stopped when he heard people approaching. He entered a random carriage, hoping that the girls from before wouldn't cone again. This time, it wasn't any of the girls, this time it was the boy from before and two other boys.

They introduced themselves as Antonin Dolohov and Abraxas Malfoy. The boy from earlier introduced himself as Tom Riddle. Henry's heart stopped, he felt his pulse increasing and his eyes widening involuntarily. He blinked a couple times and nodded and introduced himself.

"What house do you want to get into?" Abraxas asked him. Henry looked as though he was thinking about it and then answered.

"Slytherin." Henry said. Abraxas smirked and Antonin smiled. Tom raised his eyebrows and looked back out of the window. Tom did look slightly suspicious of Henry because of his reaction to his name.

Finally, the carriage stopped. Henry waited for everyone else to leave the carriage and he went last. He gulped and thought about Tom. Tom was most definitely suspicious of him. He can't be found out that quickly.

He got out last and he lost his breath at the beautiful sight. He was used to the rubble of Hogwarts. This was the full castle, now he just had to prevent the war from happening to keep Hogwarts intact. That's what he has to do! Maybe he was sent here for a reason! To change Tom Riddle, to become his friend, to give him a good life.

— —

After walking to Hogwarts, he was now waiting outside the Great Hall with a bunch of First Years. Dumbledore bid all the First Years to come to be sorted. He winked at Henry. Why? He had no clue. Finally, he heard his name get called. He opened the doors and walked gracefully and poised to the Sorting Hat. He saw as every girl was staring at him lustfully. Henry, however, caught Tom's gaze.

He sat on the stool and had the Sorting Hat placed on his head. He was rather nervous, would it say he didn't belong here?

'No, no I wouldn't. That would be quite ridiculous. I can see that you were meant to be here. Now... where to place you...'

'Please not Hufflepuff. I was in Hufflepuff in my last ... experience ... it just wasn't right.' Henry thought, pleadingly.

'You are sweet, but sweetness won't put you in Hufflepuff. Ah, but you are incredibly cunning, ambitious and resourceful... Though, you are very brave and courageous. Hm, and incredibly intelligent... My, my... where to put you. Ah, yes, I know.'

"SLYTHERIN" The Sorting Hat yelled. Henry let out a sigh of relief. He saw many girls from Slytherin bite their lips and do different flirting motions. He gulped in slight disgust, though he didn't show it. Abraxas waved for him to join them which he did a little reluctantly after realizing Tom was also there. He took a deep breath. This is what he had to do. Let himself open up.

He approached Abraxas and Antonin with a small smile. He sat next to Abraxas, who immediately started ranting on and on about his wonderful summer.

"So how was your summer Henry?" Antonin asked after he and Abraxas finished bragging about their summer experiences. Henry gulped, and went with his story.

"It wasn't super nice. I was at the orphanage, and had to switch between foster homes. Then, in July, I ran away, came to Diagon Alley after getting my acceptance letter." He said with a hint of sadness laced in. It had particles of the truth mixed through his sentences. Tom looked at him with his dark eyes, almost as if he was piercing his soul.

Time to start my new and improved Hogwarts experience. This time, I will make the best of it.