37: Dreams And Fantasies

"Here you go", she said and handed him a silver glass

"Here you go", she said and handed him a silver glass. Arjun was with Krishnaa at her home. They were in the balcony, sitting on her swing, overlooking an open field. The sun had already set and the moon was shining, emitting it's silver glow on earth.
It was pleasant. The air was slightly chilled but not too cold.

The two lovers sat there peacefully, sipping on warm almond milk while, surrounded by bliss, oblivious to the world.

"What would our married life be like?", Krishnaa asked, out of the blue.
"I don't know", Arjun replied, truthfully.  "But I know for sure, it's not going to be anything less than fabulous."
"True", she agreed.
"When I was younger", she said after  a pause. "I had dreamt about a handsome rajkumar on a white horse, coming to get me."

Arjun smiled at her childhood fantasies. "And then?", he asked in a deep voice.
"Then. He would ask me to marry him and take me to a faraway paradise, on his horse", she sighed dreamily.
Arjun chuckled at her. "And is your dream fulfilled?"
Krishnaa smiled and lay her head on his shoulder. "My reality is better than any dream", she said, making Arjun's heart flutter.

He couldn't help but smile. He slipped his arm around her and pulled her closer, her warm, steady breath hitting his neck.

"And what about you?", she asked. "What did you dream of?"
Arjun thought for a while, trying to remember his childhood dreams. He didn't have too many, but he cherished the ones he did have.

"Nothing much", he replied, nonchalantly.
"I didn't think much about marriage or love. But when I did, I wanted it to be someone who saw me as myself. Saw me as Arjun instead of Rajkumar Arjun."

She smiled playfully. "And is your dream fulfilled?", she asked.
Arjun nodded. Never in his life, he had thought, he would meet someone like her. In a very short amount of time, she had become his everything. But he was no one to complain. Instead he was grateful. It is funny. The way he met her. He used to get a bit annoyed at her initially. Now, he cannot imagine a life without her.
"I love you ", he whispered softly in her ear.

"Hmm", she replied.
"What hmm?", he asked.
"I love you more", she mumbled.

"Just two more months", Arjun spoke excitedly.
"Just two", Krishnaa repeated. "And we will be each other's. Forever."
"Forever."

"But what if I have to go away for a long time", Arjun wondered, worriedly. "I will have to leave you behind".
"No you won't", she was stern. "I will be coming with you".
"Really", he was surprised. She had mentioned this at the temple, but he had assumed that she was just emotional. He didn't know that she was being serious.

"You really mean it?", he genuinely asked.
"I went with you to Panchal, despite knowing the dangers", she replied. "What makes you think I won't follow you elsewhere? Especially as your wife."

"That's great", he said. "I want to show you the world. I want explore the whole Aryavrat with you. After our wedding, that will surely happen."
"After marriage, we will fulfill all our dreams", she stated. "What's your dream? For our future?"

Arjun thought for a while.
"I do want something after marriage, something that only you can give me. Will you?"
"Of course", she confidently replied. "What do you want?".

Arjun smiled slightly before replying.
"A rajkumari", he replied.
Krishnaa raised her head to look at him. "A rajkumari?", she asked, confused. "What do you mean?"
"What I mean is that I want a rajkumari, who will be strong, brave and intelligent, just like her mother. Just like you."

Krishnaa's eyes widened at his words and she blushed. Arjun laughed at her and she placed her head back on his shoulder, avoiding any eye contact.
There was a long pause.
"And what if I say that I want a rajkumar, just like his father?", she questioned.
Arjun chuckled. "We will have both", he stated.

"And what will you name them?", she asked.
Arjun thought for a moment.
"Hmmmm.......Kriti for a boy....", Arjun started.
"And Pragati for a girl", Krishnaa completed for him.

Arjun smiled at those names.
"Kriti and Pragati", he repeated, savoring the sound. "Beautiful names."
"And they will be beautiful babies as well", Krishnaa stated.

Arjun closed his eyes, imagining his dreams becoming reality. The wails and laughter of two children. The sound of 'Pita', echoing in the palace. A young boy, just like him with a small bow in his hand. The sound of payals as their daughter would run around the palace corridors. Their childish demands, which he would, without a doubt, fulfill.

A smile adorned his lips. He already loved them so much. He couldn't wait.

He opened his eyes to see Krishnaa asleep on his shoulder. Her eyes were closed, her breathing steady, as her face held a serene expression. He smiled, fondly. All the wedding preparation must have exhausted her.

He lifted her in his arms, bridal style and carried her inside her room. He gently layed her on her bed, placed a pillow under her head and tucked her under the blankets. He planted a kiss on her forehead, before closing the balcony door and leaving her room, soundlessly.

*********************
Was it too cliche?
I hope not.