Scene 13 : Stand By Me

His eyes is fixated on the road, his face looks serious. His brows are furrowed as if he is in deep thought, his lips are sealed tightly as his jaws are clenching. He rev up the engine as if he is being chased by the devils, he knows he have to hurry before that man gets away and vanish in his life.

He arrived almost halfway of Krist's  press conference. He was wearing a black hoodie and a dark sunglasses, thus he succeeded sneaking in, not wanting to get the medias' attention. He wants to hear what Krist would want to say so he wanted to wait 'til the conference is over. His heart is aching watching his man holding back his tears and putting on a brave face. All those years they've been together, though he doesn't show it to Krist, he knows how sensitive his partner is. He easily cries over little things especially when being pressured or having a hard time to keep up with their performance. That's why Singto thought Krist's only purpose in everything he does is to please the fans. Whenever Krist cries on his shoulder during fanmeets or interviews, at first, he thought it was just pretensions. But over the years, Krist is consistent being emotional and sensitive though the latter hides it most of the times.

"All those years, I was blinded by my belief that nothing is special between us. That everything was just for fan service. That nothing was genuine. Have I not been so stubborn and paid more attention to your feelings, I would have realized from the beginning that I have the most precious thing within my grasp.", Singto thought to himself, his tears are starting to form.

When Krist declared stepping out of the lime light, he couldn't hold it anymore and broke into tears. Much worse when the young lad stood up and bowed repeatedly towards the audience, apologizing over and over. His heart sank. He clenched his fist, closing his eyes tightly to suppress his tears.

"No! Don't do that.. You can't leave me..", he wanted to shout across the hall.

His phone rang and saw the name on his screen whom he have been waiting for all day

His phone rang and saw the name on his screen whom he have been waiting for all day. After answering the call and verified with his contact, he looked at Krist from across the hall, up the elevated floor where he is currently standing, still bowing from time to time as the photographs and videographs continuesly capturing his every angle.

Singto slowly walks through the crowd, his face is steady. He has the most serious face anyone could see. Whilst his eyes are just locked on that man everyone is gazing at with either judging eyes or pity.

He stepped up the 'stage' and stood beside Krist. The audience was in awe and others were gasping as they didn't expect that Krist's partner would show up. Moreso, Krist himself.

Krist's eyes widened as he was stunned to see his 'partner' standing in front of him.

"P'Sing..?", Krist uttered in disbelief.

Singto removes his sunglasses, then smiled at him. He then faced the press who are now focusing on him. He bowed and greeted everyone present in the hall. He is still polite as always but there was fierceness in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, everyone. It was also my lack of consciousness that my Nong has gone astray. If he had really made a mistake, I as his partner and has been his companion for a long time, also apologize. For not being there for him when he needed me most. His vulnerable state has caused him to trust random people who have taken advantage of his innocence. I hope you reconsider your thoughts about him as we are going to reconsider our stand as well. One thing is for sure though.. I will not let Krist leave my side no matter what as long he wants me in his life.", Singto spoke with firmness.

The crowd began to chatter after Singto's speech. Talking amongst themselves. Their phones began ringing simultaneously as if the whole place began a call center area as most of the media men are on their phones.

 Their phones began ringing simultaneously as if the whole place began a call center area as most of the media men are on their phones

"Look! There's a video of Georgia and Krist going viral right now!", one of the mass said. Everybody except Krist and Singto took out their phones and checked the said video which is currently trending on social media.

In the video was the scene where Georgia is undressing Krist who seems to be unconsciously lying on the bed. The woman kissed Krist while he seems to be asleep. A few moments later, Krist kissed back, caressing Georgia's back but then paused for a moment as if trying to familiarize the person he is being intimate with.

"Hmm... Who are you?", he asked in a drunk voice.

"It's me, darling. Georgia..", the woman replied in a seductive voice.

"Georgia? Hmm..", Krist smiled then pushed the woman away.

"Don't you like me? Don't you want me?", the woman spoke up in a pleading voice.

"No.. I like you.. As a friend..", Krist responded, falling back to sleep.

"Come on, Krist.. Wake up.", the woman continued seducing the drunk man, patting Krist's face to wake him up.

Krist weakly pushes Georgia away but the lady goes on top of Krist, kissing his lips to his neck then his chest down to his torso. The rest got blurred  but Krist's voice can be heard refusing.

"No. Don't.. Go away..", he uttered, almost mumbling, then he fell asleep again.

"Shit! This man is useless!", Georgia exclaimed in frustration as Krist is already drunk to death, he lost consciousness.

A knock on the door can be heard from the background which made Georgia fix herself quickly then she rushed to open the door and went out of frame.

"Are you done?", a male voice can be heard in the background.

"Shhh.. Shut up. He might get awaken. Yeah. I think I got what I needed.", Georgia's voice is heard, sounding satisfied and bragging.

"Are you sure about this? I- I really don't think this is right..", the male voice replied, sounding really hesitant.

"Don't worry, dear. I'm not really gonna leak this. I'm just going to use it to make him obey me.", the cunning woman responded.

"Oh, shi-", Georgia exclaimed as she seemed to notice that the video recorder is still playing. The record ended.

The chatter became louder as the press began to speak to each other again, louder this time.

Krist is still baffled at Singto's presence and how he seemingly hides Krist behind him, like an alpha protecting his pride.

Whilst Singto is just calm, contentedly watching the truth being unfolded.

Singto took the opportunity to grab Krist's hand and sneak out in the backstage, carefully guiding Krist out of the chaotic scene.

Krist who was still bewildered, unconsciously followed his P's guidance. P'Tae and P'Jane are already waiting for them at the exit ushering them to where they can sneak out. Singto made sure that Krist can not leave his side by wrapping his arm around Krist's waist as they fade in the seemingly endless hallway.