Cleaning Crew, Sir (Hux x Fem!OC)

Cleaning Crew, Sir 

Hux x Fem!OC

Word Count: 953

Warning(s): Like one comedic insinuation to *adult activities*

~~~~~~~~~~

Dust. Mop. Wipe down counters. Clean refresher. Change bedclothes. Ask if anything else is required. Leave if permitted.

This was JN-2738's job. Cleaning private quarters weekly. It wasn't fun work, but it was far from grueling. It was better than begging for fractions of credits and stealing food scraps back on Hevion.

The routine of it all was comforting, but soon became incredibly boring. Though she would never miss the constant hunger and cold, JN found herself longing for something new. An adventure, or a chance to take a risk. Something. Anything.

And soon, something interesting did happen. There was a mix up on the schedule. JN was scheduled to substitute for someone else who was sick, and was only given a ten minutes notice. She raced to her assigned room, not stopping to think about whose it was. When she arrived, she realized it was General Hux's quarters. Her heart sped up a bit, anxious about potentially making a fool of herself in front of the general himself. She knocked on the door, praying he wasn't in there and she could just get in, clean, and get out.

Unfortunately, Hux called out, "What do you want? I'm busy." He sounded frustrated.

"Cleaning crew, sir," JN managed to get out. "I'm terribly sorry for the interruption-"

JN was cut off by the door opening. Hux glared at her, confused.

"You're not KN-2910, where is he?" he questioned.

"I'm afraid KN-2910 is ill, sir," JN explained, "I am JN-2738, and I've been assigned as his replacement until he is well again."

"You're early, JN-2738," Hux said, "I was just about to leave to allow you to work."

"I'm sorry about that, sir, I was given very short notice about the change and rushed here as quick as I could in order to not be late." JN told him. Hux nodded, turned back into his room to grab a bag, and went back toward the door. He walked out and into the hallway without another word, undoubtedly to his office.

JN went in and did her job.

The next morning, she was informed she was to be permanently assigned to servicing Hux's quarters. JN assumed KN-2910's condition had taken a nosedive.

***

"I have finished my duties for the day, sir." JN announced. "Is there anything else you'd like me to do?"

"I don't think so, JN," Hux responded, looking up from his datapad. "You've done a fine job today," Hux paused, considering something. "This may be a bit of an odd request," he began, "but I was wondering if you'd like to stay for dinner?"

JN was a bit confused by the request, but knew better than to deny. "Of course, sir."

JN put away her cleaning supplies. Hux had pulled an extra chair on the opposite side of his desk, and he signaled for her to sit. There was a moment of silence.

"You look nervous, JN." Hux said, breaking the silence.

"I'm sorry sir," JN responded, hands already fidgeting, "I- I haven't done anything wrong, have I?" she practically whispered.

"No, you've been doing very well," Hux reassured her, "Much better than anyone else I've had. I thought I might reward you with a meal of something other than rations for once."

By fate or by coincidence, just then a droid brought in two piping hot plates of food and set them on the desk. As it left, Hux pushed one in front of her and took one for himself, before lifting a piece of the food on a fork into his mouth. JN felt frozen in place.

"You can eat, JN," Hux said, prompting JN to carefully pick up the fork. She tried to copy what he was doing, scooping up the food into her mouth. By the first bite, she may as well have died and gone to heaven. It was warm and rich, and a little bit... salty? But in a good way. JN had to resist the urge to scarf it all down in one go.

Another silence fell over them.

"Where are you from, JN?" Hux asked. JN swallowed a mouthful of food before answering.

"Hevion, sir," she told him. "In the city."

"What did you do there?" he further questioned.

"Nothing, sir," JN answered. "I was abandoned as a child and have been fending for myself my entire life, but when the First Order took over I was picked up off of the streets to work."

Hux seemed a bit taken aback. "Oh," he mumbled. "That sounds like it must have been difficult."

"It was, sir."

***

Once again, JN finished cleaning Hux's quarters. She asked him if there was anything else he needed.

"Yes, actually," he replied, "there is something I'd like you to do."

"Yes, sir?" JN said, waiting for her task. Hux fidgeted with his gloves, almost looking uncertain of himself.

"I hope this isn't too forward, but I was wondering if you'd mind staying the night?"

JN's face heated up, and her heartbeat accelerated.

"I-I don't know if that's allowed, sir," she mumbled. Hux's eyes widened before it was his turn to turn red.

"Oh, no, no, I wasn't asking, uhm... that," he settled on. "I just meant spend the night with me, dinner and a drink and you can sleep in my bed if you'd like," Hux explained, "nothing too scandalous."

"Oh," JN said, surprised at the offer. Sure, she had stayed for dinner a few times with him, but never the whole night. And sharing a bed? JN snapped out of her thoughts when she realized she had fallen silent, just staring at him. He seemed lovingly amused by her flustered appearance, and she managed a small smile.

"I'd like that, sir."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~