Chapter 11

Chapter 11

5 years later....

“Daddy, Daddy!” Bandit sang as she ran into the music room of their New Jersey home. Frank stopped strumming his guitar as she ran up to him and snuggled up to his chest on the leather couch.

“Hey, gorgeous, why so happy today?” Frank placed his beloved guitar on her stand and sat Bandit on his lap patting down her dress, that had a cute zombie unicorn and dead teddy bear pattern decorating it, that he had bought her.

“Daddy took me shopping and we bought lots of skittles and marshmallows! He said we could have them later after work! Daddy, can we bake a cake? Or cookies?” She mirrored Gee’s adorable smile, blinking up at me excitedly.

“Sure, come on, let’s go see what daddy’s doing now.” Frank began to pick her up but she refused to be moved shaking her head.

“He went to the bathroom ‘cus he said he had to sort out a problem and he said not to go in there.” she giggled.

“Cheeky, now come on, let’s go make my speciality of Cajun cake and Cajun cookies.” He picked her up and carried her across the hall stopping half way when he heard moans form the bathroom.

“Frank… oh god… Frankie!” he moaned.

Frank covered Bandits ears. “Yes honey bun?” he sang.

“Ohh nothing just cooling off.” a nervous chuckle passed through the door.

“Sure, sure, if you need any help just call me!” Frank smiled to himself. “Your father is one cheeky Sass queen.” he whispered to Bandit and carried on downstairs to the kitchen.

“Aren’t I the sass queen daddy?” Bandit put her hands on her hips leaning back from Frank with her inherited sassy face.

“Only the best… daddy is just a princess compared to you… but for now you’re my little monster.” He tickled her and she giggled the cutest little noise that melted Frank’s heart.

He sat Bandit down on the counter and searched the cupboard.

“Pop tarts!” Frank dug to the back of the cupboard. He passed one to Bandit and flipped over the box sitting next to her on the counter. “We got to find Elmo!” Frank pointed at the shitty spin off of the pop tarts version of where’s Waldo on the back of the box.

They both poked their tongues out in concentration, Frank and Bandit weren’t blood related but he was her dad and they held more characteristics together than Gerard had. Luckily she had Gerard’s hair colour and smile but oddly a mix of Lyn-z’s deep brown and Gerard’s hazel formed a khaki iris with flecks of shining gold; that made them look very much like Frank’s.

Frank and Gerard had been married for 3 years now, Bandit had grown up calling her parents ‘Dad’, yet to others they often had the question of the biological father, being light-hearted about it they would comically reply with “He is.” In a synchronised way and point as if oblivious to the scowling faces.