oneshot

I got rid of Petunia in this story and you'll see where that comes into play later in the story.

This story has no real point or plot, it just popped into my head and wouldn't stop jumping around in there so I wrote this.

I don't own anything from either Twilight or Harry Potter.

Carlisle mentally exhausted when he walked into his living room, the Volturi wanted to kill his family and they were hunting left right and center for witnesses, each time Carlisle made sure to tell them that he didn't want them to fight but more than a few of them told him that they were willing to witness for them which he was eternally grateful for. He was worried about Alice as she was unusually quiet and Jasper stuck her side like glue which wasn't honestly surprising with the now many new vampires. Emmett and Rosalie still hadn't come back from seeing the Egyptian, Irish, and Amazonian Covens. Esme and he were able to get the Romanian coven to agree and now Stefan and Vladimir were looking for suitable hunting grounds since the Cullens had asked that none of them hunt in Forks. Garrett was more than hoping that this came to a war – freakin' crazy war vampires – but seeing their sister Coven was reassuring as Carlisle knew just how terrified they were of the Volturi.

Carlisle was a little stunned at the fact that Irena had gone off on her own but the pain of losing a mate must've hurt too much. But if the other covens did agree to witness for them, Carlisle didn't want to even think about what would happen to his family. That just wasn't a possibility. He was regularly a pacifist and wished to avoid confrontations but if the Volturi thought that his family would go done without a fight, they had another thing coming.

§

Looking around all those who had agreed to come and help his family, had Carlisle fake breathing a little easier. The Irish, Egyptian, and Amazonian covens had all agreed to witness for them and it seemed that Renesmee had fallen in love with Zafrina and her illusions. But it was nice to see his granddaughter smile so easily with the tension all throughout the house. He was almost ready for Alice and Jasper to leave as they seemed to itching to do, it would make his frozen heart hurt when they were no longer there, but he couldn't grudge them whatever they felt they needed to do.

He was pulled from his musing by a quick sharp knock on the door, it seemed to have grabbed everyone else's attention as well. Opening the door, Carlisle would have probably had to pick his jaw off the ground if he were human,

"Severus. By the gods, I didn't think I would see you again."

Severus Snape-Prince was standing there with his arms clasped behind his back, which was ram-rod straight just like always. But there was a hint of warmth in his coal black tunnel eyes and a hint of a grin that no one would be able to see if they didn't know him. Walking forward, Carlisle caught the first glance at a woman who was standing behind Severus and seemed to be holding onto the side of his robe. If he wasn't happily in love with his Esme, he would have had more thought of the beautiful delicate looking woman that hung at Severus' side.

Her bone structure looked as delicate as a sparrow and if he couldn't smell vampire on her he would have thought her bones were as fragile as a Siberian Ruby-throat. Her hair was thick and lush as it fell down her back in waves until it brushed against her ankles, from the indentions it look as though she kept it braided. Her eyes were an expressive forest moss green that were almond shaped set in an aristocrat face, high cheekbones, a small button nose, and full red lips. She truly was a beauty, and she looked good on Severus' arm.

"Carlisle, I heard you were in a particular time of diminutive misfortune. I believed that I and my mate would be a valuable asset with your upcoming fight."