~November~

The days had turned into a lull. Thanksgiving was coming up soon and that meant the one year anniversary of Black Friday. Despite that, Lex was still going to work at the pet store and there were still amazing sales all over the country. Ethan was about to graduate night school and get his GED, and Evelyn was going to come over Thanksgiving week, something Lex was nervous about. Evelyn had supposedly 'found someone' and Lex had no idea what to expect. Luckily, Ethan had invited his Uncle Flynn, which was really helpful as moral support. However, earlier in the day, the whole gang was coming to the Foster/Green residence to see President Howard Goodman's broadcast.

About three days before Evelyn was scheduled to come, Ethan burst through the door, clutching an envelope. "How did it go?" Lex asked.

"Well, not to flex, but I graduated and I got 92% on the final exam! My certificate is coming in the mail sometime in the next week!" Ethan exclaimed. Before he realized it, Lex had launched herself onto him and he was hugging her. After a few seconds, she gave him a quick kiss, short and sweet. By that time, Hannah had them all in a group hug.

"We have a lot to be thankful for," Hannah smiled.

Evelyn arrived on the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Lex had already cleaned the master bedroom and the guest bedroom, just in case Evelyn wasn't at that level with the person she found. Just as Lex finished cleaning, the doorbell rang, followed by Bailey's barks. "Bailey, don't bark. It's okay, I know," Lex said, opening the door to reveal Evelyn and...? "Gary?"

"Hi, honey. I wanted to bring Gary to meet you guys," Evelyn said, hugging Lex.

"Okay," Lex said as Hannah ran to the entryway to find what Bailey was barking at.

"Hi, Mom!" Hannah exclaimed.

"Hannah Banana! How are you doing?" Evelyn asked, wrapping Hannah in a tight hug. Lex closed the door and escorted the group to the living room, where Ethan was doing some scheduling. While Evelyn was busy introducing Hannah to Gary, Lex sat next to Ethan, who had noticed the group.

"Is that Gary Goldstein attorney at law inside our house?" Ethan asked. Lex nodded.

"I don't know how I can deal with this. If I remember correctly, he punched me on Black Friday. You, too, right?" Lex asked.

"Yeah. Luckily, security found me passed out and they took me to the hospital because I was unresponsive," he said. He gave Lex a quick kiss. "It'll be fine."

"Hi, Ethan," Evelyn said, approaching the young couple on the couch. Ethan put his laptop to the side and stood up.

"Hi, Ms. Foster. How are things going?" Ethan asked, shaking her hand.

"Things are going really well, thanks for asking. As long as this weekend's good and I stay sober, I should be released soon. Also, Gary has been such a big help," Evelyn said, summoning Gary to her side. "Gary, this is Lex's boyfriend, Ethan."

"Nice to meet you," Gary said, shaking Ethan's hand.

"I also heard that you completed night school," Evelyn said. Ethan nodded. "That's so cool. I do know Char's daughter is doing it and she started the same day as you. How did you graduate early?"

"Well, since I can do higher math, I was placed in a separate class that was private, like I told you. We just cut math out of it and since it was one-on-one, we finished quickly. I took the exam and passed," Ethan explained.

"Wait, how good are you at math?" Gary asked, cutting into the conversation.

"I can do it," Ethan offered. Lex shook her head and went to his side.