20 | Into The Light of a Dark Black Night

Harry Potter gave an impressive tour of the mansion formerly known as Malfoy Manor, officially renamed the Lupin-Black Werewolf Sanctuary, as of the Grand Opening last week.

The premises included a hospital wing, a small school wing including three classrooms, a large, freshly-planted garden, a communal kitchen, and many, many available rooms for current and potential future residents of the sanctuary. There are also several comfortable parlors and other such gathering places, including a large ballroom, where the Malfoy-Potter wedding is rumored to be taking place next week, a rumor that Mr. Potter refused to confirm, but this reporter speculates that the ring on his finger (gold and studded with rubies, for the curious reader) and the twinkle in his eye suggest that the rumors may in fact, hold some truth.

Despite rumors that Harry Potter had become the Alpha of a werewolf pack, he is actually the second-in-command at the Sanctuary. The 'Beta,' if you will. The true Alpha of the pack is a woman by the name of Nadine Lowell. When asked how he felt about this arrangement, Mr. Potter's comments were as transcribed: "Nadine is the most qualified and capable person to run the Sanctuary and the Pack. I'm more than happy to serve as her second-in-command."

When asked about the danger to the public of such a large gathering of werewolves, Mr. Potter showed only the barest hints of his famous temper. He told this reporter, "there is no danger to the public, that's exactly what we're trying to show everyone. Everything we're doing has been approved by the Department of Magical Creatures, and by Minister Shacklebolt himself. Precautions will be taken on the full moon to ensure that no one enters or exits the premises. Anyone who threatens the werewolves or anyone else who lives here will have to get through me to do so, and I don't recommend attempting that."

A terrifying threat from the man who killed He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, the most powerful Dark Wizard of our time, at the tender age of seventeen...

Draco stopped reading and set the newspaper aside. "Well, that actually wasn't too bad. And a terrifying threat, indeed."

Harry grinned and tugged him closer. "A precautionary measure. If anyone is thinking about trying anything, hopefully that will give them pause."

"Hm. And those wedding rumors," Draco tilted his head to one side, and exaggeratedly curious expression on his face, "any truth to them?"

"Look deep into my twinkling eyes and see if you can find out," Harry laughed, pulling him into a fervent kiss.

•••••

Pansy breezed through the Floo into their little Manor Suite a few minutes later and made teasing gagging sounds at the sight of Harry and Draco snogging against the kitchen counter.

"Good morning, darlings!" She announced herself, laughing when Draco flipped her off. "Draco!" She feigned shock, pressing a hand to her chest. "What would your mother say if she saw you making crude hand gestures?"

"That you deserved it for interrupting an extremely pleasant morning."

"Not without good reason, I assure you," Pansy grinned.

"Pansy, would you like to join us for breakfast?" Harry asked sweetly, and Draco glared at him. "Bacon and eggs are nearly done. If Draco hadn't distracted me the toast would be ready, too."

"Distracted you?" Draco sputtered. "You—!"

"Thank you, Harry, you're too kind," Pansy cut him off with a wicked grin. "But I'm afraid I'm here to kidnap Draco."