6 | All Your Life

Harry woke to the feeling of Draco wrapped around him, pressed up against his back, his knees tucked against the backs of his own, an arm over his waist. Slow, even breaths brushed against the back of his neck.

Memories of the previous night came rushing back and he tensed involuntarily, squeezing his eyes shut as if that could somehow stop the flood of hurt and anger that washed over him.

Draco's warmth was solid and grounding, and Harry found himself wanting to lean into it. He turned over to look up into his boyfriend's face.

"Hi."

Draco kissed him softly, murmuring a sleepy, "good morning."

Harry snuggled up against his chest, tangling his legs with Draco's as he wrapped his arms around him and kissed his forehead. "Breakfast?"

"Not yet. Just want you."

Draco blushed, smiling into Harry's dark hair. "Yeah? And just how do you want me, love?" He drawled seductively, running a hand down Harry's spine and back up to his neck.

Harry shivered slightly but shook his head. "Just like this for the moment."

Draco adapted quickly and began running his hands in soothing circles over Harry's back instead.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm..." Harry hesitated. "No. I'm not. I knew it would be that way, but it still... It still hurt, you know? And I was caught off guard because I didn't realize my Glamour had slipped, and I just wasn't ready. I should have listened to you. Ron and I could have stayed here and had a good time."

"There was no way to know for sure. If your Glamour hadn't come off, getting out might have been a really good thing. I was just nervous something would go wrong, and I didn't want you to get hurt." Draco moved one hand into Harry's unruly curls, gently massaging his head and inwardly cheering as Harry relaxed in his arms. "What happened with your Glamour?"

"Another werewolf vision. It was really quick, like a daydream. I must have only lost focus for a few seconds, but it was enough."

Draco sighed. "I'm sorry. How did it go before that?"

"It was alright," Harry shrugged. "I miss getting drinks with Ron, but it's different now. He doesn't want to talk about you, I don't want to talk about the Aurors... It was a bit awkward."

"Hm. I'm sorry. I, er... I may have shouted at him through the Floo after you fell asleep."

Harry winced. "You didn't."

"I'm sorry."

"It wasn't his fault, Draco. He didn't mean for it to happen, he didn't know—"

"I know," Draco cut him off, "but if you could have seen your face last night... If I'd come home looking like that after someone had sworn they would look after me, how would you have reacted?"

Harry huffed out, not a laugh, exactly, but something akin to one, and the corners of his lips twitched into an unwilling smile. "I'd have wanted to yell at them," he conceded. "Come to think of it, that was a pretty Gryffindor response, Drake."

Draco feigned shock and horror. "How dare you. I am pure Slytherin and you know it, don't insult me by suggesting otherwise."

Harry did chuckle softly at that, tilting his head up to kiss him. "If you say so."

"I do," Draco smiled back.

Harry sighed. "I really wish you and Ron would try and get along. I care about you both, and I don't want to have to choose between you. Please don't put me in that situation."