𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 || 𝐎𝐡, 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐟

Start from the beginning

He nodded and let out a short laugh, looking in the direction of the parking lot. A few other boys around their age were standing around an expensive car were waving Nathan over to them. Francine assumed they were the ones he was riding with to the mainland. Nathan saw them and took that as a cue to leave. "Well, thanks, I'll remember that next time, see you later, Fran."

Kiara smirked and wiggled her eyebrows suggestively at Francine, nudging the  girl with her elbow. Francine jumped, almost losing everything in her hands. "He's hot, who is he?"

"That's Nathan Hall, his family just moved here," Francine answered, sending an amused look to her friend who was watching the boy walk away.

"Oh I heard about them," Kiara turned her attention back to Francine. "Do you like him?"

The Castle girl just grimaced, her once amused expression turning into disgust. Maybe if he wasn't a drug dealer, she would like him, but she'd much rather be only friends with him. "Oh, barf, he's not really my type."

Kiara smiled at the girl, knowing full well that the girl probably once had some form of attraction towards the boy. Her grin quickly fell when she looked over Francine's shoulder and caught sight of the two people who were approaching them.

Francine furrowed her brows once she saw Kiara's face shift from playful to slightly worried --only for a moment though--, then to mischievous in three seconds. She turned around to see what the girl was looking at and her mood instantly changed.

She gave Kiara a death glare to which the girl only shrugged at, she moved her eyes back to the two boys approaching. One of them had a devilish grin as he dragged the other who looked just as angry as Francine. She couldn't believe that Pope and Kiara would team up against her, she knew that the girl was up to something weird. She's been acting suspicious all day, turns out she probably wasn't overthinking all along.

The whole day Francine just blamed all her suspicious thoughts on everything else going on, but maybe people were actually acting kind of off. Her mother is an example, the woman was definitely up to something, she wasn't going to discuss renovation ideas that Chris came up with. She was probably working on whatever she has been doing for the past few weeks with Ward. Francine had to keep a mental note to ask Sarah about all of that when she came back from wherever she is. That's another person who was acting strange, the blonde had lied about her whereabouts which confused the dark haired girl. It wasn't like Sarah to do something like that.

Maybe the whole time everyone around her was keeping something from her, and she just blamed it on her being 'on edge', now she knew to trust her gut feeling more often.

"Oh hell no, Pope." JJ exclaimed as he tried to turn away, this showed that he was just as oblivious to Pope's and Kiara's plan as Francine was. She was happy that she wasn't the only one, she just wished that it wasn't JJ. Like she said before, she couldn't stand to be around him if he kept acting like a five year old.

Before the boy could get too far, Pope grabbed his shoulders and pushed him towards the two girls. JJ scrunched up his nose in distaste as he crossed his arms over his chest, "You said she definitely wasn't coming, why did I not know you two were up to something?"

Francine rolled her eyes at the blonde, her patience already running dry with him and he wasn't even around for a whole minute. She looked at Kiara with narrowed eyes, she felt betrayed but she understood what they were trying to do. She couldn't help but think that Pope and Kiara were delusional. If they thought that her and JJ would make up just because they forced them to go watch the movie within ten feet of each other, they had another thing coming. She wasn't going to act civil until he does, "Yeah, I made it very clear that I refuse to be around him if he keeps acting this way."

"I refuse to be around her at all," JJ chimed in afterwards, a shit-eating grin on his face as he reminded Francine how much he disliked her. He then ran his hand through his hair and put his hands up in mock surrender. "Just making that clear."

Pope shook his head at the way that Francine and JJ were acting. He hated the fact that they used to be the closest of the bunch and now they couldn't stand to be in the same room as each other. He looked at Kiara unsurely, while JJ and Francine glared at each other silently.

Their eyes held their own argument, both challenging each other to look away first. Francine was sure this was the longest she's held eye contact with someone, but she wasn't going to back down first, it'd be over her dead body if she let JJ have the satisfaction of winning. She hated the way she was acting now, but maybe he'll smarten up if she acted like him.

Pope scratched the back of his neck nervously and cleared his throat to grab their attention. Both Francine and JJ were startled by the sudden noise near them --weirdly-- so they both snapped their heads towards him at the same time. The girl cursed herself for being too jumpy. Pope crossed his arms over his chest, "We brought you both here so you could get over your petty fighting and deal with it, because even though we had to deal with this for one day, hell, we're tired of it."

"So you guys are going to forget what Francine has done in the past  --which she is sorry for and didn't even want to do, for tonight-- and get along. Only for this movie, then you guys could go back to your dumb feud and act like children." Kiara finished for the other boy as she looked between Francine and JJ with a pointed look.

She reminded the dark haired girl of a mother scolding their children for doing something wrong. It almost made her laugh, but she knew that Kiara wasn't joking and she was being dead serious.

JJ shook his head, like the stubborn boy he is, and scoffed at the idea that Kiara and Pope came up with, "Okay, really? I'm not doing this, I'm not, I don't like her!"

He yelled the last few words, making a few people turn to the four teens standing outside the park. Francine sighed, knowing that she had to be mature for this because JJ probably wasn't going to give up and Kiara would most likely not let them into the park to watch the movie if they don't agree. She rolled her eyes, "I'll do it, only if he acts civil."

"Not a chance Francine."

Both Kiara and Pope shook their heads at JJ's statement, he didn't even wait a moment after she finished speaking before expressing his opinion. They just wished he would cooperate. Kiara raised her eyebrows, "We're not giving you a choice, you're watching the movie no matter what."

JJ ran a hand through his hair again, he did not want to do this. His face showed it too, his brows were furrowed and his lips were set in a tight frown, he just couldn't stand to look at her. He hated the fact that she left him, that she hurt him, worse than his abusive father. He let out a frustrated sigh, already done with this night, agreeing would be the only way to speed it up, "Alright mom and dad, shut up."

Then, like always, he walked off with a sour look. Francine was sure that he loved storming out, he seemed to do it often. She let a very small smile form onto her lips at the thought that maybe, just maybe, Kiara and Pope's plan might work. It probably won't, and afterwards JJ would go back to being the most intolerable human being. He might not even talk to Francine, finding a loophole in the situation, there was always a loophole.

Kiara sighed as she picked up the cooler, shaking her head as the blonde stomped off. She gestured for Francine and Pope to follow her through the park so they could catch up to JJ and find their seats. The girl hoped that all the good places weren't taken up and that she wasn't going to be forced to sit beside the blonde boy, she didn't think that Pope and Kiara would be that cruel, right?

     The girl took a deep breath before following the three pogues through the crowd. She had a feeling that this was just the beginning of her night, that wasn't a good  feeling either. You know that feeling you get before it rains or a storm? That something bad was going to happen? Well, that's what she feels like, and she doesn't like it one bit. Francine only hoped that nothing bad would happen, she was tired of things always going wrong.

✯♛✯

Word Count: 2239