𝐓𝐞𝐧 ||𝐍𝐨 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐀𝐬𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐎𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲.

✯♛✯

𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐞 thing Francine Castle despised more than anything in the world, fake people. She couldn't stand it when people acted passive-aggressive and talked behind your back was something she couldn't take. The fact that some people were so bitter towards people who they call their 'friends' made her sick to her stomach. She preferred that people tell her how they feel about her, not tell her she looks nice, then two seconds later tell their other friends that she looks like a fat pig when she isn't around. She was always one to think that people should say what they're thinking to her face. Her father used to always tell her to speak her mind, and at a young age, Francine was the only one in her class to stand up to the bullies. That's how she met John B, in second grade the boy was being picked on by Chase Miller, the bully of the school, and Francine jumped in. She told him a few words second graders shouldn't be throwing around, grabbed John B's arm and asked him if he was okay. Thus a friendship was born.

She hated fake people, bullies, and wannabes. That's probably why she didn't get along with many kooks. Most of them act nice to her face, putting on fake smiles but when she leaves they're spitting insults back and forth between about her. Some were real enough to show her how they feel, like Kelce and Topper, but she was still sure they talked even worse about her behind her back.

She thought that the kook adults were the worst, they acted like stereotypical rich people. Example, Rose Cameron and her mother, Katerina Gold. They would pretend their life is perfect but secretly they're just as fucked up as the pogues, except they're better at hiding it. Covering up their sad, messed up lives with giant houses, cocktail parties and luxury items.

The fact that most kooks lacked any emotions made her come to the conclusion that she'd much rather spend time with pogues. All her life living on the Cut she wanted to be a kook, have a big house and have gatherings with rich people who were her friends. But now that she had all that, she wanted to go back to the way everything was before. The kook life was nothing like she thought, even though she was grateful for everything she had, material wise. She lacked in the sentimental and emotional bonds. That's probably why Francine was trying so hard to befriend the pogues again, to feel like she had someone to turn to, some form or support in her life. Sure, she had Sarah, but the girl seemed really distant lately, which was confusing the dark haired girl. 

Despite the events that had just occurred just a few minutes ago, Francine couldn't feel any happier to be arguing with Pope about cleaning up the giant gash located on his forehead.

"Can I at least put something over it? It's gonna get infected," Francine pleaded as Pope shook his head for the fifth time in the past five minutes. Once they got onto the boat, Francine immediately asked the boy about his face. Of course, he said it never hurt, but she could see that even if he raised his eyebrows a little bit, he would flinch. The gash looked painful, so she didn't believe a word he said. After begging the boy for around five minutes, he finally let her clean it off but that was all he allowed her to do. "Why though?"

"I'll be fine, Baby," Pope muttered as he kept his eyes on the water in front of him. He was driving the boat to a dock to go pick up someone, he wouldn't tell Francine who it was She was confused, but let it slide, thinking that is was someone she didn't really know.

The girl smiled at the nickname he used, it was the first time in three years she heard someone call her that, and it wasn't said in a bad way. "You know, that's the first time someone called me 'Baby' since I moved to Figure Eight. Well, other than when JJ tried to make me feel like crap."

"Why did you stop using the nickname anyways?" Pope asked, curiosity was in both his face and voice. He glanced at the girl quickly, seeing her smile drop, he shifted in his seat. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to."