Chapter 10- A Night With Nico

Start from the beginning

"Have a nice night!"

I walked away from the restaurant and towards Nico. I handed her the milkshake.

"Alright Nico, let's go explore the nearby town."

"Okay!"

It was still pitch black outside. I didn't bother checking the time. All we did was eat and walk in silence. Peace.

We walked into a rural town. There was still a chilly breeze, but it felt refreshing. We could see fireflies dancing with each other. We could hear the owls chirping.

We came across a trashcan as we were walking on the sidewalk. Nico threw away her milkshake container. She pulled up her hood and turned towards me.

"Y/N, put on your hood."

"Why?"

"If anyone sees super idol Nico or her best friend they will come with a load of paparazzi."

I giggled and pulled up my hood.

Nico yawned.

"Y/N.. I'm getting sleepy.."

"Do you want to turn around and go to the beach house?"

"N-No! I still wanna be up with you!"

"Alright, let's find somewhere to rest. For now you can rest your head on me if you want."

I put my hand in my sweater pocket. Nico locked her arm around mine and rest her head on my shoulder. We were both in a pretty dreamy state. We walked slowly.

About ten minutes later, we arrived on top of a hill. It overlooked the ocean and the town. There is a lot of colorful flowers here. We sat down next to each other.

"Hey Nico, this is a pretty nice place, isn't it?"

"Yeah. I'm glad we left the town. I was getting tired of hearing sirens and dogs barking."

We took our hoods off and enjoyed at the view. The ocean was reflecting the sparkles of the many stars. We could hear the waves softly reach the shore and retract. We could hear crickets singing and the leaves of a nearby tree rustling. 

I looked at Nico. She looked breathtaking.

She turned to might and caught me staring at her. She smiled and slowly turned her body towards me. 

Then she hugged me. I rest my head on her shoulder, and she did the same. I tightened my grip just a little. She did too.

There are some memories we cherish more highly than others. I feel like this will be my favorite of all time.

We finally let go of each other. Nico's eyes started into mine.

"Alright Y/N, let's explore the town some more."

To try and refresh ourselves, we thought it would be a nice idea to get some soda from a vending machine, as it later in the night.

When we reached the vending machine, I asked Nico what she wanted. I paid and waited.. and waited.. It's not coming out, is it? Nico giggled. I nudged the vending machine. It won't budge.

"Y/N, if only you let me pay. It would obviously let me have the drink since I'm an idol."

"Yeah yeah, but now I feel scammed."

"I can give you some money."

I turned to Nico, who was sitting down on a bench. I walked up and sat next to her.