My Friend, My Beloved

Start from the beginning

"Just promise me one thing then."

"...What?"

"Don't blame anyone for this. Including Jung... and yourself," said Hae Soo, softly. "Whatever you will do after I die, I just want you to not ever be angry or holding a grudge. This is my fate. Even though it's unfair, that's what life does to everyone. You have enough burden already. And I know my departure will be another burden to add to your mind. So, please, I-"

Before Hae Soo could finish her monologue, Wang So cut it by pulling Hae Soo to his embrace and kissed Hae Soo. The pecking on the lips immediately turned into a full-blown passionate kiss, heated by the suppressed desire. Hearing Hae Soo referred to herself as his burden had triggered something inside Wang So. He didn't hold back this time and Hae Soo also let him take over. Seol was moved into another room the night before, which was exactly next to their own. They were alone in that room and for the first time since the separation, they delved into each other once again.

Wang So loosened his clothes and opened Hae Soo's. His hands tenderly worshipped every curve of Hae Soo's body. Yes, she has become so tiny and frail. Her plum and healthy body had gone, replaced by a sickly and thin one. But this body still belonged to his beloved. The only woman that would ever own his body and heart. No matter what she had become, Hae Soo was still Hae Soo. He would love every part of her, in and out.

Hae Soo knew that she was not as attractive as she was before. Not to mention her sickly body, the pregnancy also had left its mark on her body. The stretch mark that was visible on her stomach was one of them and she was aware of it. But when Wang So saw that mark and then kissed it with each loving kiss, her tears were rolling down unconsciously and she let out a little sobbing. When Wang So heard the sobbing, he moved to her face and kissed each of her eyes lovingly. Then they continued to devour each other's lips without pausing at any moment.

"You are not a burden," Wang So said after he thoroughly kissed Hae Soo's lips. "Never will you ever become my burden. Not now, not even after... you've gone." The lump in his throat was hard to swallow but he managed to say the word he wanted to convey. "Your request is something that is very hard to do. Without you by my side... how could I go on and not blaming this condemned world?"

"That's why I told you not to blame this situation on anything or anyone. It will only gnaw on your feelings and will be eating inside your body slowly. I don't tell you to let go, I won't ever be gone from you forever. I'm right here, inside here." Hae Soo placed her hand on Wang So's chest. "Maybe not physically. But my soul will always be with you. Pyeha... you have to learn to accept it. Acceptance is the only way for you to keep going on in your life."

"I... can't," Wang So said hoarsely.

"You can't do it now. But I have confidence that you can do it later in the future."

"You put too much confidence on me. I'm not strong, Soo. If not because of you, how could I manage through all those that happened before in the palace? Between me and my parents. And my brothers. It's because you were beside me that I am here now."

"Don't you realize that you've grown and become someone that many people could depend on? You are a king. You are the ruler of your people. You have done something that people never thought you could do. Moreover, you are the man that I choose to reside in my heart. The man that is the father of my child. I have put my trust and confidence in you, so you better not betray it by saying that you can't do it."

"I'm not that strong." Wang So emphasized the word once again.

"I didn't say that you are. But I know, you are a person that can pull through every difficult situation. You can, and you will. Including... my departure."