He flew above the train tracks for hours until he found a train headed the same direction as him.
He immediately went down and started from the back, peeking into every window so he could see the passengers.
To cars down from the locomotive was a more casual space.
The people on it weren't speaking to one another and classical music silently played. The warm lighting seemed to have given the riders more intent to read.
And in the front booth, he saw her.
He finally saw her.
Her cheeks were stained and her eyes were irritated. Her face was closer to the book than normal.
She was trying to block everything out.
Jack knocked on the window and Zel looked up and down the aisle.
All was quiet, perplexed she turned back to her book.
Jack winced before knocking once more, getting his blood on the window.
Zel jumped and looked back at the walkway.
She shook it off and glanced out the window to see Jack's face before returning to her book.
Her eyes widened and she looked back to see Jack was indeed there, flying at the same speed as the train.
Zel's eyes watered as she looked at his awkward smile.
She immediately opened the window, "You... aren't wearing a shirt?" she noticed.
Jack nervously chuckled.
Zel shrugged and pulled him in anyways, locking him in a bear hug.
Jack groaned when she squeezed too hard.
After the hug, blood covered her arms. "Jack!" she exclaimed, "You're bleeding!" she pointed out.
"I noticed." he joked.
Zel glared at him and returned to her worried state, "What happened?!"
"I don't know."
"I'll... I'll get some medical supplies." she stood in the aisle and looked for anyone watching the cart.
No one was there, "Alright, that's fine... I'll just check the room ahead, be careful, alright." she sweetly demanded.
Jack nodded as she watched her hurriedly leave.

Zel peaked her head through the door and looked around. The room was empty except for a few work uniforms.
She got an idea and put on the ridiculous outfit.
She tiptoed back into her car and put her index finger over her mouth once she made eye contact with Jack.
Jack who was lying down on the chair used his free elbow to prop him up so he could judge her properly, "What are you doing?"
"Shhh, I'm getting you supplies. I'm going in camouflage style." she whisper shouted to him.
Jack winced as he chuckled.
Zel tried to blend in with the other workers but she was so nervous she was stiff and almost walking robotic-like.
She traveled through a few carts with only getting occasional stares.
She nudged a female worker, the girl had gorgeous red hair, "Uhm, hey... I forgot... Where do we keep the medical stuff? Like emergency kits and whatnot."
The redhead giggled, "It's in the back." she explained, pointing to the next car.
Zel nodded, "Thank you so much!"
She crept to the other room afraid of someone noticing she wouldn't belong.
She went in and hanging on the wall was a first aid kit.
She grabbed a handful of supplies, filled her pockets, and rushed to Jack as quickly as possible.

Jack was struggling to keep his eyes opened and his vision was getting blurry.
When Zel returned in the red uniform Jack could've sworn she was glowing.
"Jack, I got everything-er most things. I'm not entirely sure." she quickly emptied the supplies from her pocket and laid it on the chair across from the hurting boy.
"Okay, I... I'm going to have to remove your shirt."
Jack flinched while laughing, "We haven't even gone on our first day and you're already trying to take off my clothes."
"Stop, I didn't mean it like that."
Zel gently touched the sleeves that were tied together and tried to untie it slowly so he wouldn't be hurt.
After unwrapping his hoodie and leaving him shirtless, Zel picked up the rock covering the wound.
One side was completely drenched in blood and the other was a faded painting of a girl with long yellow hair on a blue-ish background.
She set it aside and grabbed some peroxide, pouring it on the injury.
Jack hollered and trembled.
"Hey, hey. It's gonna be alright." she reassured him, as she slowly played with his hair to calm him down.
She wiped it with disinfectant until she could see the gaping hole.
"Jack... were... were you stabbed?" Zel asked as she began sewing his gash.
Jack pursed his lips together and looked away.
"Jack, if you don't tell me what happened I will wrap this bandaid around you so right it'll stop your breathing." Zel threatened.
Air came out of Jack's nose as he tried to cover up his laughter, "I will... Just... When I feel better."
Zel pouted, "Alright, fine."
She placed a big bandaid on the hurt area and tied a wrap bandage gently around his stomach.
"I think that's all I can do." Zel admitted.
Jack tried to sit up again.
"What are you doing? You'll break the stitch!"
"I'm getting up, we're leaving together, remember?"
Zel pushed him back down, "Not when you're in this state."
"But-"
She hushed him, "Jack. We don't have to rush this. We have all the time in the world now." she finished, holding his dirtied hand.

Sorry for the abrupt ending. I was just really excited to finish my first ever story.
Like seriously, as I'm typing this I can not believe it.
It's so amazing to me because I'm rarely able to finish anything, especially something that takes as long to create as a story.
I usually quit between the first few chapters but this is the longest story I've written and I know it sucks but it's also one of the first stories I have written... So... I deserve some credit in at least that area.
I've had such inspiration for other stories but I've been so committed to finishing this one I haven't been messing with my other ideas.
Which is probably why I ended it like this.
Who knows, maybe there will be a sequel if anyone is interested.