tomorrow, we leave for The Bahamas. we wanted to move into our new house before we went so by the time we got back, the kids could be able to come to a ready and fully furnished house.

since of what happened with lawrence.. our whole property is gated and we have security.

i'm talking guards and camera's.

i ain't playin bout My fuckin fiancé. fuck y'all thought dis was?

i did it to make sure she felt safe.

i hate seeing her scared. she's starting to do way better with her depression too, which is making the house a happy environment again.

Ny walked away from pop to help Vanessa start to cook dinner. i watched pop smile lightly as he watched her walk away.

"mann ask her out already" i chuckled shaking my head as i sat next to him on the couch.

"it ain't that easy. i been trying but she so damn scared of how to love" he sighed.

"she tell you what happened with her ex?" he shook his head.

"she only told me that he hurt her. she told me that their love was never really love. which is why she's scared to try with me"

"i can't really say much since it's her story to tell.." i sighed. "but teach her bro. show her how to love. i had to do that with Vanessa and look where she at now" i smiled looking back at her as i watched them cook.

"she won't even let me"

"just try. ask her tonight or sum. ask her to go out with you and if she ain't feelin' you by the end of the night, then it ain't meant to be" i shrugged.

"i'll ask her sometime this week in The Bahamas" i nodded.

i groaned seeing the notification on my phone showing that Vanessa's Brother messaged me.

"Her bitch ass brother always tryna reach me" i rolled my eyes setting my phone down. "big ass nose ring he needa change that shit" pop laughed shaking his head.

"her ex beat on her?" he asked.

"nah bro. but it's still deep as fuck. You just gotta wait for her to tell you. don't force it" he nodded.

"roddy can you go get my hoodie?" Vanessa asked. "it's in my suit case upstairs"

i got up making my way to the stairs and to our new room.

once i got in it, i looked through her suit case to find her favorite hoodie, but when i lifted it up, i found something

"a plan b pill?" i furrowed my eyebrows picking the box up. "why she need this.. i thought she was on birth control"

i put the box in my pocket before standing back up and heading out our room back downstairs.

"thank you" she smiled as i handed her the hoodie. she leaned up and kissed my cheek before going back to cook.