"Uh, what beast?" Bilbo asked.

"They're referring to Smaug the Terrible, Bilbo" (Y/n) said.

"Chiefest and greatest calamity of our age. Airborn firebreather. Teeth like razors. Claws like meat hooks. Extremely fond of precious metals" Bofur stated.

"Yes, I know what a dragon is. (Y/n) how did you know that?" Bilbo said.

"I read," she replied.

Ori stood up from his seat and declared,"I'm not afraid! I'm up for it! I'll give him a taste of dwarvish iron right up his jacksie!"

Dori pulled down Ori into his seat as the other dwarves voiced their approval.

"The task would be difficult enough with an army behind us, but we number just 13. And not 13 of the best, nor brightest" Balin said.

"We may be few in number, but we're fighters. All of us! To the last dwarf!" Fili stated.

"And you forget, we have a wizard in our company! Gandalf will have killed hundreds of dragons in his time!" Kili added. (Y/n) smiled a bit at his enthusiasm.

"Oh, well, no. I-I wouldn't say-" Gandalf stuttered until Dori interrupted him.

"How many then" he asked.

"What"

"How many dragons have you killed?" Dori continued.

Gandalf coughed a bit on his smoke as the dwarves all looked at him, and Dori persisted.

"Go on. Give us a number!"

All the dwarves began shouting and yelling at each other, standing up from their seats. Bilbo tried politely getting them to quiet down, but Thorin stood from his seat, shouting at them in dwarvish. Immediately, everyone quieted and sat down.

"SHAZARA! If we have read these signs, do you not think others will have read them too? Rumors have begun to spread" Thorin said "The dragon Smaug has not been seen for 60 years. Eyes look east to the mountain, assessing, wondering, weighing the risk. Perhaps the vast wealth of our people now lies unprotected. Do we sit back while others claim what is rightfully ours? Or do we seize this chance to take back Erebor! Du Bekâr! Du Bekâr!"

All the dwarves cheered at his speech, but Balin spoke up.

"You forget, the front gate is sealed. There is no way into the mountain"

"That, my dear Balin, is not entirely true" Gandalf said as he brandished a key that seemed to appear from nowhere. Thorin looked at it in shock.

"How came you by this?" he asked.

"It was given to me by your father. By Thrain. For safekeeping. It is yours now" Gandalf told Thorin as he handed him the key.

"If there is a key, there must be a door," Fili stated.

"These runes speak of a hidden passage to the lower halls" Gandalf said, looking at the map.

"There's another way in," Kili said hopefully.

"Well, if we can find it, but dwarf doors are invisible when closed" Gandalf sighed "The answer lies somewhere hidden in this map, and I do not have the skill to find it. But, there are others in Middle-Earth who can. The task I have in mind will require a great deal of stealth and no small amount of courage. But if we are careful and clever, I believe that it can be done"

"That's why we need a burglar," Ori said.

"Hmm, and a good one too," Bilbo claimed.

"An expert, I'd imagine" (Y/n) added.