Chapter 13

Title: Irritating Tick

The gang had now traveled to Yellowstone National Park, both for sight seeing and camping. Grandpa Max had finished setting up the RV, and walked up to the creak with Alice. "Man, it's relaxing to be in the peace and quiet of the great outdoors don't you think?"

Alex had been following them, with his headphones plugged into his recently bought phone. [Astronomers at Mount Hamilton had caught a glimpse at a small meteor at the north west part of the state]

"Kinda wished we stopped at that Burger place in Casper," Alex said scratching his neck.

"Oh c'mon Alex, Yellowstone just so happens to be the coolest place around. Just hang out," Alice said flipping Alex's hoodie up.

"Alice's right, and we can life right off the land." Max said as he rolled over a log, showing hundreds grub worms. He picked one up and smiled. "Full of protein," Max said as he dropped one into his mouth.

"Do what do you want?" Alex asked turning to Alice who looked utterly disgusted. Although they did find out Max's whole cooking was mainly extraterrestrial in origin, they just... didn't like it.

"I'll take mine with Chili.", Alice said as Alex nodded, he activated the Omnitrix, turned the dial around and without looking slammed down.

Now then, what he wanted to turn into was XLR8, but had turned into a new one. Well the first new one since he got Power Grid. "What the- oh shit!" A deeper voice said as a loud thud was heard as he fell to the ground.

This new alien is a hulking, broad-shouldered alien covered in natural, yellow armor plating on his back, shoulders, and the backs of his arms. He is mostly white with black on his upper half and has four claws on both of his hands. With sharp teeth, yellow eyes, and wore the Omnitrix emblem on his forehead. Immediately the knowledge of this aliens instincts were downloaded into Alex. "Oh great, after a good week and three days I finally get a new alien, and it's this thing."

"Quite the heroic pose.", Alice said mockingly, earning an eye roll from Alex.

"Shut the fuck up.", Alex barked out annoyed as Max helped him stand up. "Oh great, and this alien mainly just rolls into a ball to protect itself. Nice." He said sarcastically.

"You're an Arburian Pelarota, gotta say, their planet is pretty well known for being a vacation planet. I should take you two there some day," Max said smiling.

"Real great and all, but how the hell am I supposed to use this one?", Alex said as rolling into a ball was a defense mechanism.

All of a sudden, a meteor flies overhead and crashes a short distance away. "Move it!" Alice said as she and Max moved out of the way, however Alex turns in the direction of the crash and falls over again. "Oh great, well let's check it out." Alex said as he rolled up into a ball, with his backplates and the plates on his hands covering him. His sphere form has semi-circular stripes across his body, with black lines around the circular plates, and his side plates are the plates on his shoulders and begins rolling towards the crash site.

"Well bright side is he's heading for the direction of the crash site.", Max said as he and his granddaughter chased after the new form Alex took.

At the crash site, the meteor begins to crack apart as the three arrive, with Alex unrolling and falling to his ass. "Woah; that things massive." Alex said getting up before a tremor occurred, causing him to fall over again.

Suddenly, the large red like shell started to crack, before a large bluish bug-like leg reached out. The three ran away, well two ran one rolled, from it as it sunk its leg into the ground. More did the same, the shell completely cracked, showing a large, tick like alien with four blue organs on each side, expelling gas.