Nightmares (Hux x GenderNeutral!OC)

Nightmares

Hux x Gender Neutral OC, (pretty much just a x Reader with the use of a chosen name instead of [Y/N], which I personally don't like using.)

Word Count: 700

Warning(s): mild angst, that's pretty much it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sitting on the sore excuse for a cot in the cold cell, Andy's first thought was that he must be punishing them for running away all those years ago. From the moment they were thrown onto that bridge, and the moment the two of them made eye contact, they knew. They saw his confusion, turn to recollection, turn to hatred. Betrayal. Anger. They could hardly blame him for that, but there wasn't much they could do now either, except muffle a soft, "hey," and lower their head. For a moment, they feared he might strike them, but he just stood there, silent and still, expression and emotion gone from his face.

He just ordered to have them put into a cell for questioning, turned on his heel, and got back to whatever he was doing previously.

They stared at the back of his head as they were forcefully grabbed and pulled away, hoping he might look back, but he didn't.

They were shoved in the cell, and the questioning he spoke of did not come for another day, and another day, and another day, and another day. Andy was getting impatient, and starting to worry that he intended to let them rot in this cell. To never give them a second thought again. That, they thought, would be a worse fate than any execution he could order for them.

Nightmares plagued the little sleep they got. Visions of blaster fire, burning buildings, and screaming innocents terrorized them endlessly. In their dreams, they often collapsed on the ground for no good reason, struggling to move or walk, as huge fires roared around them. Sometimes, he would be there. Watching or staring, while more flames fluttered near him. They'd cry for his help, but he would just stand there. Unmoving.

They would wake up in a cold sweat, nearly sobbing, with their heart thumping in their chest. Then they'd lay silently, letting the tears flow and dry. And then, they would try to sleep again until their next meal came.

Andy woke one day to the sound of the door unlocking. They sat up, heart rate rising as they anticipated who, or what, would come through. Was it some guards who would walk them to an interrogation room? To their execution?

A tall figure stood in the doorway. It took a moment for Andy's eyes to adjust to the light of the hallway, but when they saw him they almost began sobbing.

Almost.

Armitage.

No guards accompanied him. He held what appeared to be a packet of rations and a bottle of water in his hands. He entered silently, the door closing behind him. He handed them the rations and water with a soft, sad look in his eyes. They took them from him delicately, and he sat down next to them.

The two of them sat there for a while, both looking at the floor. Andy opened the rations and began munching quietly, unable to resist their hunger. To their delight, they found these were much better than anything else they had been given to eat. Crunchy and slightly sweet, they were pieces of heaven compared to the bitter and stale rations they had to live off of previously.

Realizing he must have gotten them especially for her, Andy turned to Hux. His fingers were interlaced in his lap, and he was hunched over quite a bit, looking at the floor. His eyes appeared unsettled and swollen, as if he had been crying. He felt their stare and turned to look at them as well.

"So," Andy barely managed to whisper, "now what?"

Hux turned his head back to the door, tears welling in his eyes once again.

"I don't know," he replied, solemnly.

Silence.

Andy set the rations and water aside, and reached out their hand to rest on his knee. He turned to them once again as they moved a bit closer to him.

"I missed you, y'know?" they mumbled. They rested their head on his shoulder.

Hux could hardly speak. "I missed you, too," he breathed, placing a soft kiss on their head. They scooted closer to him yet again, and they sat, both unsure what to say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed, stay tuned for part 2!