He took off his glasses.

"G-Gabe?"

He gave her a crooked smile. Putting his hands in his pockets, casually as if he kidnapped people everyday as a habit and leaned against the door frame.

"Go on. Ask me what you want. We have plenty of time before I make you my wife."

She felt tears prickling her eyes. Against her will, a soft whimper left her mouth.

On hearing her whimper, his smile widened and got more crooked.

I thought this was... over. It would be over after I marry but....

"G-Gabe, I'm married please. Please I'm already someone else's."

His entire demeanour changed in an instant. He stood up straight and clenched his fists, his pupils vibrating from anger. Leaning forwards, he grabbed Kaycee by the hair, pulling her towards him.

"YOU ARE ONLY MINE! I'VE TOLD YOU SO MANY TIMES. IT'S IN OUR DESTINY."

"NOO! LET ME GO PLEASE! Let me go, please....."

Her scalp hurt so bad that tears started flowing down her cheeks. She flailed her weak arms around in an attempt to remove his hand pulling her hair but it barely even moved it. 

"The sooner the better...." he whispered menacingly in her ears, his breath sending shivers of fear down her spine.

He let go of her hair but almost immediately yanked on her left hand, pulling on it so aggressively that Kaycee thought he wanted to rip off her hand.

But he didn't want to rip off her hand, only her finger.

Her ring finger.

His eyes were wide with fury as he stared at her wedding finger. And then without a warning he tugged on it forcefully.

Kaycee screamed out. He was twisting and bending her finger to pull it out with so much force that Kaycee was sure her finger was broken.

Tears flowed down her cheeks with the overwhelming pain as she continuously tried to free herself from his grip. But he was holding onto her like a murderer holds onto his weapon when out to kill someone.

Finally he managed to pull it out.

Then with a satisfied crooked grin he threw in the dirt and stepped on it.

Then he put his hand inside his pocket.

And pulled out a ring.

Kaycee's eyes widened.

"NO, NO, NO! HELP, SOMEONE HELP!"

"SCREAM ALL YOU WANT! Do you really think someone is here to help you?"

For the first time, Kaycee's eyes skimmed through her surroundings.

There was nothing but cornfields on both sides.

Kaycee's heart dropped.

Gabe only gave her a second to drown in her sorrows before he tried to push the ring down her already bruised and swollen ring finger.

A loud cry of pain left Kaycee's mouth. She was screaming her heart out as her finger only swelled up more and more by the second. She twisted and turned her body to free herself but his hold only got stronger.