𝟖: 𝐇𝐨𝐠𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐬

The great hall is buzzing with noise, everyone excited for the first quidditch match of the season.

Monica and Sophie sit next to me chatting about the same boy from our potions class. Apparently, if Gryffindor wins this game, we play Hufflepuff, and the Cedric boy is on that team.

I can't help but gaze off over to the ginger sitting a few people away from me. George and the Angelina girl sitting by his side in full uniform.

Things were weird between me and him after Monday night. Even in potions, he would work on the potions instead of trying to distract me. I noticed Angelina in a few of my classes, to which she ignored my existence.

"Jane!" Monica waves a hand in front of my face, causing me to look away from the boy stuffing his face with food.

"What do you think about the plan?" She questions as Sophies leans over waiting for my answer. I wasn't paying attention to a thing they said...

"Um yeah, sure," I nod my head trying to sound believable, Monica rolls her eyes throwing her fork down.

"Merlins Beard, it's like you're living on a different planet today!" She says exasperatedly.

"I'm sorry, I've just got... a lot on my mind," I defend myself as Sophie smiles.

"Yeah, you've got a certain ginger on your mind," The blonde edges on. What did she just say?!

"Nuh-uh, I would never lower myself to that thing," I point my head towards Fred, but Sophie and Monica's smile only grow.

"Well, now that you are listening, Sophie and I are going to talk to Cedric when he is alone, maybe even invite him to get some Butterbeer with us," Monica's eyes glaze over as she gets lost in thought of the Hufflepuff boy.

"Sounds like a plan..." I look down at my food, stabbing my fork into the plate.

"Are you going to join us, or keep stabbing that poor plate," Sophie snaps at me. I roll my eyes.

"Maybe... When I find my murdering father I can ask him to sign my Hogesmade permission slip, or I could ask god to hand it to my dead mom so she can sign it," I roll my eyes fed up with my friends. Both Monica and Sophie turn towards each other having a separate conversation from me.

"Look we are sorry that your mad for some reason but don't take it out on us. We will be in the dorm room, that we moved into... for you. You are free to join us when you are being nice again," Monica stands up, as Sophie scoots out of her seat, both of them scolding me. I get it, I'm being a jerk, no need to be so motherly about it.

I nod my head letting them know that I was listening. I watch them until they are out of sight, then turn back to the ginger. Why did he get all weird when that girl showed up? I thought I could talk to him, he was actually listening, but everything shifted when she showed up.

Angelina makes eye contact with me, and I immediately look away. I glance back to see George, her, and Fred all looking over at me. Really, your big mouth couldn't have stayed quiet for once second! I roll my eyes at the female and stand up, storming out of the room, unable to be around her for another second.

Why am I so mad?! God, it's just making me even madder that I'm mad.

I walk down the halls feeling the autumn breeze hit my skin. I pull my jacket closer, trying to keep warm.

It wasn't just that night. He had been weird around me during potions, avoiding my eyes when we were alone. He was normal around me when there was someone else with us. 

Did I do something? Who am I kidding this is great! Fred will finally stop bugging me any chance I get, although I have to admit it was nice- no no no I am not going to even think that. Fred sucks. Period.