"woah, you're really light," juyeon blinked as he set me down. "do you like not eat or something?"

"nah, it's just genetics," i answered. "i eat normally but my metabolism is really fast."

"oh," juyeon replied. "did you like that?"

"if you meant the swinging around in your arms thing, then no," i said, teasing him, which made him pout. "just kidding! it was fun. you're pretty strong. i was surprised you could carry me like that. most of the guys i know are just skin and bones. or as i like to call them, human chopsticks, twigs, and toothpicks, depending on the height."

"how detailed," he laughed in response. "woah, look at the sky," he said suddenly.

he was right. the sky was really pretty. the sun had begun to set, so the sky was streaked with reds, oranges, yellows, and pinks. we kind of just stood there to look at it for a few seconds, in awe of how pretty it was. eventually, we got back to our senses and stopped looking at it to keep walking around outside before the sky would completely darken. 

"huh, i've never really paid any attention to the sunset," juyeon said as we started talking and walking again. "that was really beautiful."

"i know right," i sighed in happiness. "sometimes it's good for us to slow down and appreciate the simple things in life, you know?"

"and you think i sound like a motivational speaker," juyeon snorted. 

"shut up," i rolled my eyes.

"wow, and copying my favorite phrase," juyeon deadpanned. "how original."

"your fault for starting it," i answered briskly. "anyways, if you want, would you want to go back inside? it's almost seven, and it's getting kind of dark, so maybe if you want we could eat dinner? are you sure you don't have to go for a while?"

"yeah, i can go back whenever i want," he answered. "and sure. what food do you want?"

"uh, what do you want?" i asked. "there's fried rice, burgers, udon, subway, ramen--"

"you had me at ramen," juyeon cut in, making me laugh. "looks like the spirit of eric has been summoned within me. he's in love with ramen. i bet he would marry it if he could."

"sounds like a serious problem," i said seriously. "anyways, let's go to the restaurant then. it's on the roof level, so we better hurry."

juyeon nodded in response as we headed up to the roof to go eat our dinner. once we got up to the roof, we found the restaurant and entered it, a nice refreshing wave of air conditioning blowing into our faces as soon we got in. one of the staff brought us to our table, where we looked at the menu and began deciding what we want.

"what do you normally get?" juyeon asked as he stared at the menu.

"i normally just get the salt one," i answered, pointing at the first item on the menu. "mostly because it's the cheapest one and at the end of the day i'm still a broke high schooler. it still tastes good though, so it works."

"i'll get that too then," juyeon decided. i nodded and picked up our menus and headed over to the counter to order and pay.

"hi, i would like to order two salt ramens," i said to the worker politely.

"okay got it, that will be 450 nt," he responded, and i replied by handing him a five hundred nt bill. "thanks. i'll bring your receipt and change to you shortly."

"thank you!" i smiled before walking back to juyeon. 

"how much was it?" he asked.

"don't think about it," i answered. 

"nah, i have an idea," he grinned. "aha!"

i yelped as he snatched my wallet and stuffed a five hundred nt bill into it. he closed the zipper and handed it back to me. i reopened the wallet and pulled out the money, trying to force it into his hands.

"let me pay for you!" i whined.

"seohyun, don't worry about it," he laughed. "you paid for the cafe, i pay for dinner. we're even."

"hmph," i grumbled. 

"sorry," he said insincerely with a grin plastered on his face. "oh, i need to go to the bathroom now," he stood up suddenly. "don't eat my food without me."

"i will," i grinned mischievously, making him roll his eyes as he walked away.

when juyeon was in the bathroom, i opened up my phone and scrolled through instagram and twitter. i laughed at all of the stories we had posted together as well as the ones my friends had posted of me. i also had a lot of dms about juyeon being sent to me, but i decided to answer none of them and hold on before i did all of that. everything seemed nice, calm, and relaxing as i sat there in the ramen restaurant, listening to the peaceful music being played as i used my phone.

that is, until i felt a hand tug on my arm.

a/n: hehehe okay so maybe there's a teeny tiny little bit of drama that's going to happen~ hope this story has been interesting for all of you so far:) i've been really enjoying writing this and somehow updating every day lol~

{written on august 18th, 2020}