His Highness, Prince Mustafa believed in simplicity and so they were only going to be having the Nikah ceremony (wedding ceremony) followed by a Walima (Reception party). However, no matter how much simplicity he wanted, he could still not stop His Majesty, the King from making this a huge event which involved the entire country and virtually the whole world.

A team of chefs was flying from Mitrin, a city famous for its cuisine worldwide for the wedding as well as reception party. The flowers used in the wedding were coming from the gardens of Yulamibaad, which was the ancient flower capital of Mughlaan. The ceremony was going to take place at the Umar Mosque, which was built in 1756 in British occupied India, it was now the Jama Masjid (Head Mosque) of Satlan. Everything used in the wedding was going to be made in Mughlaan. His Majesty wanted the citizens of Mughlaan to forget their past shortcomings and instead celebrate this occasion to the fullest.

"We will have to make do with mediocre designer clothes while Aapi wears a custom-made Tara dress. Oh, to be a subject," Noorein let out an exasperated sigh. Layla threw a cushion from the sofa at Noorein which the latter dodged by an inch.

"Let's go, you drama queen." Their aunt lightly tapped on Noorein's head. All the occupants of the living room left, leaving Layla alone to her thoughts.

Prince Ahad was not okay with anything that was happening. He was not okay, that his country was cheated by that bastard of a chief minister. He was not okay, about his brother having to marry on such a short notice. He was not okay, with his father once again using one of his children for his personal gain. He was not okay, with his friend Layla having to marry a stranger whom she did not love and he was not okay with his sister's and brother's attitude towards Layla. She did nothing to deserve their indifference.

Over the past few weeks, Prince Ahad had gotten to know Layla. He did not have a lot of friends. If you asked the media, they would tell you that Prince Ahad had plenty of friends but in reality, they weren't really his friends, they were just some people he knew who stuck with him due to his status and power. He only had one real friend and that was Aarib Shehzad popularly known as AS. He was a singer well he was, 'the Singer'. Known as, 'The Heartbeat of Millions', he was discovered at the age of sixteen through YouTube by Dazzling Bridge Entertainment a few years ago. Prince Ahad met him at one of Aryan Malhotra's famous parties seven years ago and they have been inseparable ever since. At that time, Aarib was just at the brisk of success. Now at twenty-three, he was one of the most popular entertainers in the world. He could sing, he could dance and his looks put the best models to shame.

Aarib was in Brazil right now. That was the last venue of his World Tour that lasted seven months and was held across fifteen different countries. This was his second World Tour. Prince Ahad just knew that Aarib and Layla would get along. They were both his kind of people.

To be honest, Layla needed people who would be there for her. It was a long road ahead for her and having friends and allies would definitely help. Prince Ahad was worried for Layla. She was not cut out for their world and his brother couldn't care less.

Layla was pulled out of her thoughts when she heard her phone ringing. It was an unknown number. She had a trick for picking up unknown numbers, she always made her voice extra deep so that, if it was some prankster or pervert then her voice would throw them off.

"Hello." Layla greeted hoarsely.

"Why are you talking like that?" She recognised this voice immediately. The owner of this voice made her heart beat erratically.

"Your Highness." She squeaked. Oh my God! Prince Mustafa was on the other end of call!

"A minute ago, you greeted me with the voice of a fourteen-years old boy going through puberty and now you sound like one of those girls who shout my name from a distance in public." Prince Mustafa was amused by her behaviour.

"I get it you have a lot of fangirls." Layla replied curtly. He did not have to rub it in. That arrogant jerk.

"That I do. It comes with the title, Layla."

"Why did you call me?" Layla asked. She was in no mood of discussing the unhealthy obsession women had with him.

"Can I not call you?"

"Do not answer my question with another question. Answer me first." Layla told him.

"We have to attend a lunch party six days from today." Prince Mustafa informed her.

"That is just one day before the wedding. Why?"

"A lot of important guests will be attending our wedding, Layla. Some of my friends wanted to meet you before the wedding. That is the only day I have free."

"Friends? Like from your university?" Layla enquired.

"Well kind of, I attended university with the Prince of Bahrain and the Princess of Spain. They are my friends and also world leaders."

"Wow! And I had classmates who could barely follow through for project deadlines and showed up in class wearing pyjamas." Layla belonged to the rest 99% of the population that had a normal university experience.

"I will send Mahira Rauf to your house tomorrow. She will be taking care of all your needs once you take charge as the Crown Princess and she will also help you brush up on your general knowledge and world history before meeting the guests. She is highly trained and I suggest you listen to her."

"This seems too much work for just lunch with friends. Do I have to do all this?" Layla complained.

"You are going to be a royal soon and we do not complain." Prince Mustafa asserted. Fine, Layla would play by his rules, for now.

None of them spoke for a while but neither of them disconnected the call, as well.

"Your Highness, to answer your earlier question, you can call me anytime." Layla answered.

"I know, Princess."

_______________________________________________________

Hello readers,

How did you like the chapter? Tell me in the comments.

Which new character are you most excited to know more about?

Love,

Sammie