Normal Family Time (Mel's Pov)

Start from the beginning

"Ro! Thank you." Audrey says coming up to ben and I with a smile. "The news was brodcasting live, so we saw you answering the questions." She adds when she sees my confused face. "Oh." I say with a nod, then add, "Hey how are you feeling by the way?" She gives a tired smile before giving her answer. "I had to turn my phone off, people have started to call multiple times to try and ask me questions or cuss me out." I frown sadly and take her hand. "Can we talk, just the two of us?" She looks confused but nods. I lead her to my room, after giving ben a reassuring look, and I shut the door behind us. I fold my hands in my lap and look down at the floor. "I know I already apologized, but I still feel horrible about it and I'm so so sorry about everything I've done. I should've taken your feelings into consideration when I first started dating ben and I didn't and it caused you pain. I should've double checked how you felt when we got closer, even if you said you didn't have feelings for ben anymore..." I start, looking back up at audrey. She frowns and starts to talk, but I hold up my hand and continue, "I should've been more considerate. I mean I should've turned him down to go to coronation when I saw how you reacted made mal break the spell immediately and let you have your happily ever after."

She sits looking at me with a bittersweet smile and shakes her head before replying, "I accept both of your apologies, but I don't want to hear another one from you again. I mean maybe subconsciously I still had feelings for ben when we got closer, but I really didn't. I was with chad and thought that we had something. Maybe when we realized that we were better off as friends, and I saw how well you were doing with ben I felt a little bit jealous of you, but it was because I wanted to have a relationship like yours." She sits next to me and puts her hand on top of mine. "I didn't want ben, I knew eventually that we would've broken up anyway and that you two were perfect for each other. The reason why I got so angry that the scepter influenced me, is because grandmother said something offhand at vk day and I was hurt." "What did she say?" I ask and she frowns. 

"Don't get mad at her, she apologized as well." She starts with uncertainty and I nod. "No promises but I'll try." I reply and she shrugs. "It's better than nothing and I'm directly quoting her right now. "A lifetime of plans, gone. Our family status, gone. Audrey, you were supposed to be his Queen, and you let him slip through your fingers. Your mother could hold onto a prince in her sleep." Is what she told me right after ben proposed to you and it made me feel really bad." "That's awful. I understand how you became influenced by the scepter now, what she said was out of line." Audrey nods slightly. "Yeah, but what's done is done. And I shouldn't have let it get to me so bad, I mean she's said harsher things to me while I was growing up." "That's not good. Audrey why did you let her say things like that to you? Why didn't you tell your mom and dad?" I ask and she shakes her head. "My mom didn't have the heart to tell her mother that she didn't need her help raising me because of the fact that she didn't get to raise my mom. And if I did tell them they wouldn't believe me." "That's terrible." She nods and continues. "I think the only person who knew how harsh she was on me was uncle rohan. And he did his best to stand up for me. You and him are a lot alike in that way, always standing up to grandma when she's being unreasonable and harsh." I put my hand on her shoulder. "Trust me, I'm gonna be here for you to talk to whenever you need. And I'm sure that mal and evie would love to have you at our girl talks of you need. I don't want you to ever feel like you did to cause the scepter to call to you again." I comfort and she smiles.

"Thanks ro, I'm glad you didn't hate me for being so mean to you when we first met." I laugh a little and nod. "I tend to be pretty forgiving. By the way, you met harry formally today, how did that go?" I ask, wiggling my eyebrows. She laughs at me and sighs dreamily. "He's a flirt, almost worse than jay. He told me you two used to date back before you came here, why'd you two break up?" "Ah, that... It's because he and uma weren't exactly the best of friends with my sister or her group and so he would lure me to uma and I would be bait for her schemes to get back at my sister." I answer. "And honestly he's always been the big brother of uma and I when we were friends." She looks surprised. "You used to be friends with uma?" She asks. "Yeah, used to be friends before my sister and her started hating each other. And even then I tried to be friends with uma. Mother was right about me being too soft for the isle." I explain. There's a knock at the door and ben opens it gently. "Hey, I was wondering if you two were okay?" He asks and we both nod and audrey gestures for him to come in. "How are you feeling audrey?" He asks as he stands behind me. "I'm feeling better." She answers. "That's good. I'm sorry again by the way." He says and she shakes her head. "Don't start that with me, I just got done telling your fiancee that she didn't have to tell me she's sorry a hundred times." She says and he smiles. "Good, umm... could I maybe talk to you then. Just you and I." He asks audrey and she looks at me as if asking for permission.