( xxii ) ♡ 𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐞𝐥, 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

Start from the beginning

Willow walked over to the coat rack and got her jacket. While putting it on, she walked back to her desk to grab her purse, only to see Michael walking toward the desk clump.

"Alright, ready? Come on, guys. Early worm gets the worm." he said while Dwight began imitating a trumpet. 

"Another worm? Like, are they friends?" Jim quipped, earning a small smirk from his sister.

"It's early bird gets the worm." Dwight clarified.

"Thank you, babe." Willow laughed, linking her arm with his.

"Pam, would you smell my breath?" Michael asked, walking over to Pam.

"No." Pam immediately said.

"Let me smell," Dwight went over to Michael, who breathed in his face. "Good, not great."

"Eww." Willow muttered to herself.

"So, Dwight, Jan will be picking me up right about now. Are you and Willow gonna come with us or..."

"No, no, Dwight'll drive. Right?" Willow quickly answered. She'd rather jump into a volcano then spend two and a half hours in a car with Michael and Jan.

"Of course. We'll meet you there." Dwight said.

"Oh, alright. See you soon." Michael gave the office a small wave as he answered his ringing cellphone, walking out of the office.

"He's going with Jan?" Willow whispered, taking Dwight's hand and walking out of the office with him.

"I heard they started a relationship." Dwight responded as he led Willow to the elevator.

"No way. WAIT. He took her to that resort, didn't he?"

"Yes. Did you not see the picture?"

"Oh, right! To be honest I sort of forgot about that." Dwight let out a chuckle as he led Willow to the parking lot.

The couple arrived at David Wallace's house right on time. Dwight exited the car and opened the door for Willow, holding his arm out for her. Smiling, Willow unbuckled her seat belt and left the car, grabbing Dwight's arm. As they began walking toward the entrance, Willow took in the sight of the enormous mansion. As extravagant as it looked, Willow felt herself grow more and more nervous and intimidated with everything. Without realizing, she felt herself freeze in her spot.

Dwight felt Willow's arm yank away before knocking on the door to the house. Looking back, he saw the confident and bubbly woman he adored frozen in place, her confidence being replaced by anxieties that haunted her nightly. His heart broke at the sight, wanting nothing but good things for her. 

He was never good at consoling others. All his life, his parents and siblings were more rigid and closed off, never expressing how they felt about anything. This was all that Dwight knew, and every time he was met with a difficult emotional situation like this, he froze. But, tonight was an exception. He wanted to be there for his lady.

He walked over to his girlfriend and wrapped his arms around her protectively. While trying to formulate something to say, he began running his hand up and down her back soothingly. He felt her high-paced breathing slow down at the contact. Before he could say anything, she broke the silence.

"You don't need to say anything, Dwight. Just hold me for a bit."

With that, the two sat on the steps in silence. Dwight continued rubbing Willow's back as she continued to take deep breaths in an attempt to calm herself down.