( xix ) ♡ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞

〔𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 ; 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯〕
〔𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘴 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦.〕

MICHAEL GATHERED THE SALESPEOPLE into the conference room early in the day for an impromptu meeting.

"Good morning everyone, take a seat." Michael greeted. Willow softly uttered a "good morning" to him and sat down to the right of Jim.

"Goooood morning, Michael!" Andy exclaimed cheerfully. Michael put on a smile (sort of mixed with a grimace) as Andy plopped himself down next to his boss.

Sooner or later, everyone but Dwight were seated at the table. 

"Okay, Dwight's not here... we'll just wait for him to come in." Michael uttered.

After about fifteen minutes, Willow noticed Dwight rush inside the conference room and take a seat next to her.

"Dwight, care to join us, finally? Thank you." Michael patronized.

"Hey Dwight, pass the tardy sauce. Get it Michael?" Andy joked, grinning like he just told the funniest joke in the world. Jim and Willow shared a look of disgust at Andy's behavior.

"Yes. Okay, here is the dream team. My sales dream team. Today we are going to team up for sales calls. Andy, since this was your idea, you get to pick first." 

"Hmm, well... let me think about this for a minute. Oh, I don't know, Michael Scott! PhD. Doctor of Sales."

"Well, I appreciate that. That is very gracious of you."

"Well, it is very gracious of you to accept."

"Well, thank you sir," Michael and Andy began laughing while Willow saw Dwight roll his eyes. "Okay, now going by seniority. Phyllis, our resident senior."

"We're the same age. And I'll pick... Karen." Phyllis said.

"Oh, uh, thanks." Karen gave Phyllis an awkward smile.

"Good. Next up, Superfly himself, Stanley." Michael

"Pass." Stanley grumbled, not looking up from his crossword puzzle.

"You can't pass. You've got to pick somebody."

"I'll take the kid." 

"Great. Oh! Since Ryan, has not made any sales yet, how about Jim goes along with you two? He could get some great advice from two great salesmen!"

"Alright." Jim answered. Stanley hummed in response. 

"Aaand that leaves... Willow and Dwight." Willow felt a pang in her stomach. How was she supposed to go on a sales call with him? Surprisingly, Dwight had no comments about the predicament, much to Willow's surprise.

The eight salespeople gathered together in the parking lot, with Michael throwing Dwight his laundry to do. 

"Since when does Dwight do Michael's laundry?" Willow whispered to Jim.

"Remember when I told you Dwight tried to steal Michael's job?"

"Oh, right."

"Alright everybody, circle up. Here we go," Michael ordered. "You know what this is? This is the 'Amazing Race.'"