Chapter 17 The Royal Banquet

Kazuma's pov

After we welcomed everyone to the banquet, we guided them to the banquet hall.

Everyone is looking at me with some distasteful gaze while we went to the banquet hall.

Many nobles created crowds chatting with each other, Osiris began introducing himself to some nobles while also revealing his intention of asking for help on the war on his own kingdom but he couldn't focus because he's looking after his father Rutherford as if Rutherford would do anything that would embarassed them.

Dust on the other hand is avoiding the Queen of Brydle, she kept following him as Dust move from one crowd of nobles to another, I know Dust is a noble from another country but what's his relationship with the Queen of Brydle?

I looked at Mitsurugi, he kept staring at Aqua, did he confessed to her or was he was just planning to do so tonight.

Vanir kept checking his pockets, maybe he would propose to Wiz tonight, Wiz is wearing a black gown that shows her beauty as woman but doesn't hide the fact she's a lich.

Aqua kept pressuring the butlers and maids as she ordered more and more wine around.

Eris on the other hand started to mingle with some nobles, most of them were praising her.

Darkness kept looking at me and smiled, did I really looked funny while wearing this bow tie, I am gonna remove this later on the washroom, Darkness then spoke to Walter, I have a feeling I am getting NTR'd here or they were just good friends.

I remembered the time Darkness and Walter was supposed to get married but Darkness turned it down and told Walter she's pregnant with my child

A obvious lie that Walter didn't know but he rejected the marriage as well and gave us luck for our relationship.

I then stared at Madame La Croix, she activated my enemy detection skill when she entered.

"Onee-chan are you alright?"

"Yes Iris why you asked?"

"It's because you kept staring at other people, I think there's something on your mind."

"No there's nothing."

"You should mingle with the other nobles, remember what's this party for right?"

"Well sure thing Iris."

I left princess iris, but Prince Revi came to her the moment I left her, I overheard their conversation.

"So uhm, long time no see?"

"Whatever dork."

"Hey I just wanted to speak about the letters I sent you."

"What letters, if those letters were to reaffirm our relationship, I told you it's over."

"But Iris."

"Whatever, you called me barbaric so it's fine I'll call you a dork."

"I know you needed help with the war against the demon king so I am gonna help you with more funding but our kingdom would also need help, the demon king General Duke Gradinth the death knight is currently attacking my kingdom, I would request some help from your kingdom since you have some strong adventurers and warriors that should be able to fight the death knight."

"I would look into it dork, maybe I could personally take your request and would kill that death knight, anyways I should speak to other nobles."

Iris left Revi there.

I left them after their conversation ended and went close to Madame La Croix, she's really giving me some vibes here.

Just as I went close to her, she noticed me and moved to another crowd, she must've known I was onto her.