Chapter 9

"Can you please grind down the herbs." Hannibal placed a mortar and pestle in front of me on the kitchen counter. Hannibal had wore a dress shirt and a apron around his waist.

I placed the dried rosemary and sage into the mortar. Before I started my task I watched Hannibal prepare the meat. His arms flexed each time he cut into the meat. A few strands of previously gelled back hair, fell in front of Hannibal's gaze.

I walked over to him and brushed the few strands back into place. Hannibal froze not knowing what to do. He look like he was in shock. Has he never received this type of affection before?

"Thank you." He nodded and turned back to his work.

I giggled "No problem." It was cute seeing Hannibal flustered. I carried myself back to my station and started using the pestle to grind the herbs together. My arm started to hurt and it didn't look like I made much progress.

"Let me help." I heard a deep voice whisper next to my ear as a hand laid on my waist a another on top of mine holding the pestle. It was my turn to be fluster while he chuckled.

"Place your other hand here." He guided my hand to the side of the mortar. I was now caged between Hannibal's chest and the counter.

"You want to press down and twist your wrist." I could feel his hot breath against my neck. Hannibal moved my hand to demonstrate the motion. He then let go and allowed me to try by myself.

"Perfect." He commented as I ground up the herbs. He remained pressed against me. I needed more of his touch. I let my body fall deep against his.

I gazed up at him "All done." I referred to the ground rosemary and sage but neither of us broke eye contact.

Hannibal's hand slid to the side of my neck and his other firmly held onto my waist. I couldn't resist him anymore. I stood on my toes and hooked my arms around his neck and kissed him. As soon as I realize what I had done I let go and pulled away.

"I'm so sorry."

"Don't be." Hannibal pulled me back in and locked his lips with mine. My eyes went wide. I didn't know he felt this way about me. I relaxed and fell into his touch. I moved my lips along with his.

We pulled away panting. I smiled wide. He did too.

I giggled "You should finish cooking dinner, I'm hungry."

"It'll be ready in two hours." He place his thumb on my bottom lip. "Go take a nap I'll wake you when it's ready.

"Ok."I smiled and pecked his lips one last time before going upstairs to sleep in my bed.

I flopped on the bed. We kissed. I kissed Dr. Lecter. I hid my face in a pillow as I smiled like an idiot. I wrapped my arms around the pillow and brought my knees to my chest. Was that a one time thing or was that going to become something more. I yawned and closed my eyes. I think I have serious feelings for Hannibal.

I later woke up and saw the time "7:44pm". I stretched and fixed my hair. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen as I heard Hannibal talking on the phone.

"He's going through denial. He is scared to admit what he has done." He paused. "I know Alana, I'll visit him Saturday."

"What are you talking about?" I stepped into Hannibal's line of vision.

"I have to go. I'll talk to you tomorrow." He said to Alana and hung up the phone." He turned to me. "I was just discussing Will's situation with Alana."

"You said he's in denial. What is he denying?" My voice was quieter.

"Will is claiming not to be the ripper."

"But I thought you said they found that girl's blood all over him." I bit the inside of my cheek.

"They did. but he is insisting that the real Ripper framed him." Hannibal said plainly.

How could he not be upset. The real ripper is out there! "I knew it. He's still out there...Oh God." I clasped my hands over my mouth. "I'm going to die." I looked up at him with wide eyes.

"(Y/n), the evidence was found all over Will. How could the real Ripper make Will ingest that poor girl's ear against his will? Will Graham is the Ripper." Hannibal broke eye contact. As if he was trying to convince himself too.

I looked down. I don't know if I'm convinced.

I was quiet for a while but then whispered, "I want to see him."

"What?"

"I want to see him." I said, raising my voice a little.

"That's not the best idea right now."

"Why? If he's the Ripper like everyone believes him to be then I deserve to see him because of what he did to me." My voice was on the verge of becoming a yell.

"We can see about you visiting him Saturday. Okay?" He gently held my arms.

"Okay." I said softer.

"Also, a reminder, you have work tomorrow. I can wake you up tomorrow morning."

"Okay." I said in the same tone.

Hannibal shifted the topic and spoke, "You came downstairs just on time, dinner's ready." He motioned to the table.

I held my arm and looked away. "I'm not very hungry." I felt like I was out in the open. I just wanted somewhere to hide. Why can't everything go back to normal?

"At least take a few bites?" Hannibal suggested.

"Ok" I whispered and sat down. I poked the meal with a shiny fork. My stomach hurt, but it wasn't from hunger. It was nerves. What if it's true? What if on Saturday I'll be facing a man that killed dozens of people?

~~~

Next chapter on Sunday! Thanks for all the support on this series!