Chapter 4

She stands in front of the door, something doesn't feel quite right. Her knuckles hit the door, and the sound echoes through the corridor. She takes a deep breath trying to soothe her heart as it races with anxiety.

"Welcome!" Luffy swings the door open and gives her a giant smile. "I'm glad you could make it! Come on in!"

"Thanks," she steps through the door, the smell hitting her nose immediately and causing her to realize just how hungry she really is. "It smells amazing in here, did you cook?"

"If I cooked, I probably would've burned the whole apartment complex down," he laughs, walking in front of her and spinning around to look at her, continuing walking backwards. "That's Sanji's cooking! He's the best! He lives on the other side of you."

She takes another deep breath; she can't decide what it smells like, but it does smell really good. She looks around the room, seeing Luffy walk backwards is making her anxious. Even with furniture, the apartments don't seem small. But maybe Luffy got a bigger apartment than her, because that's possible.

"This way!" Luffy turns back round and races towards the end of the hallway. "My friends are waiting to meet you!"

She smiles and speeds up her steps slightly, he's definitely different. Not in a bad way, in fact, she's glad that her neighbors aren't weird people. Well, actually, they are weird people. Just not a bad weird.

It almost seems like her footsteps echo as she passes through the doorway, like the world was telling her this moment would define her forever. The difference in light causes her to squint until her eyes adjust.

  The first person she sees sits at the long table, his feet up on the table. He has light green hair and he's wearing a dark green outfit. His eyes are closed and his hands behind his head as a pillow. When he feels her watching him, he opens one of his eyes and stares back at her. She immediately redirects her gaze onto someone else.

  She ends up turning to one of the only women in the room, who is standing in a corner. The orange-haired female gives (Y/n) a small wave and a smile as she looks at her. She's wearing a teal crop-top with blue jeans, and some high-heels. She has a tattoo on her left bicep, (Y/n)'s not really sure what it's of though. So she looks away again, trying not to linger too long on one person.

  This person takes immediate notice of her, standing with his feet together and his chest puffed-out. He's tanner than the rest of the people in this room, and has a strange long nose. His hair is black and curly, he also has a goatee, which–she can say–suits him. He's wearing rolled-up yellow pants with red-orange suspenders and a pair of boots.

The next person she ends up looking at is a reindeer. Wait. "A reindeer?"

She covers her mouth as the small animal cowers behind a chair, peeking out slightly. It's wearing a blue hat, and even has a blue nose instead of the standard black one. She smiles at it, "Sorry for scaring you..."

She quickly looks another person, her face filled with complete embarrassment. She ends up staring at the only other female she hasn't already seen, she's tall and has blue eyes. Her hair is black and goes down to the middle of her back. She's wearing a dark purple shirt with a long salmon-colored skirt. She also sits at the table with a book in her hand, and gives her a small smile when their eyes meet.

(Y/N) looks away again, her eyes land on the last person in the room. He has cyan hair, and it's styled in a way that reminds her of Johnny Bravo. And she hates it. He sits across from the black-haired lady, and only turned towards (Y/n) because she walked into the room. He has tattoos on both of his forearms in the shape of stars.

"Well guys! This is our new neighbor, (Y/n)!" Luffy claps his hands together before he starts pointing at the people she looked at in the order she looked at them. "(Y/n), meet Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Chopper, Robin, Franky, and Brook!"

She looks towards the last person Luffy points at and knots her eyebrows in confusion, "Luffy, that's just a-"

"Pleasure meeting you!" Brook, a skeleton sitting at the foot of the table gives her a small wave. He has an afro, and he's wearing a suit. "And since we're meeting for the first time would you mind showing me your-"

"Shut up!" Nami smacks him on the head, (Y/n) was certain she hit him hard enough to crack his skull in half, but she didn't. "That's inconsiderate of you! Do you know how hard it is for us to lose our soulmates and end up here? You took the easy way out and died! But we actually had to grieve!"

"N-Nami! Don't hurt him!" the reindeer runs over to her trying to stop her from doing anymore emotional damage to the skeleton. "Please! Do you know how hard it will be for him to heal?"

"I don't care!" the woman shakes her fist as Ace and Sabo enter from the other room. "I'm going to teach him a lesson!"

"Can we just have one dinner where we aren't at each other's throats screaming and carrying on like fools?" Zoro, the sleeping man from the table peaks through his eye. "I'm trying to sleep here."

"You always sleep! Can't you ever do one thing for us? Like set the table for once!" Usopp, the one with the long nose, glares at the green-haired man. "And you don't have room to talk! You fight with Sanji all the time!"

(Y/n) looks around, this turned into one hell of a cat fight. She turns to Luffy, but he's just laughing, "Speaking of, Sanji!! Fooood!!"

"Give me a damn minute Luffy! Food doesn't just finish cooking when you want it to be done!" a voice comes from the other room, but she still can't see him.

"But I'm hungry!" Luffy pouts as he sits down in the chair. "I need food!"

She takes the seat right in front of her, not daring to say anything to this circus of people. She spoke way too soon about her neighbors being weird. This was way too soon. Her stomach growls, reminding her that if she had stayed at home, she probably wouldn't have eaten tonight.

The next thing she knows is Luffy's getting hit in the head by a foot, "Remember this dinner isn't for you, idiot!"

There's a platter set in front of her, and a few plates of food on it. She follows the arm holding the platter, and her heart stops. Time slows, their eyes meet and nothing could prepare her for the smile on this guys face.

-.-